Thread: High ping rate on internet service via Comcast

High ping rate on internet service via Comcast

Hi, I am having issue in the internet connection that is been provided by the Comcast, as I had move to a new location in the recent time, the internet speed that I am facing is very less, also the browsing in the internet is been terrible, when I ping the Comcast server which is nearer to me I see that there is about 58% loss in the packet, which leaves me helpless, I always be online taking classes for different subjects but I am not able to be constantly in touch with them as I am having these issue present in my internet. When I connected the internet connection to the other devices I am getting the speed which is higher than the other, also tried various solutions like resetting the modem and rebooting it but I am not able to come out of this. Also my HD box is having these issue, when I hit my remote button it start reading the data after some time only. Also there are various other error present in my event log which I am not able to understand and tell you, please help me as it is creating a lot of problem for me and my students.

re: High ping rate on internet service via Comcast

I just went through your problem and I have seen that the packets which are lost in between is something to do with the modem of yours, I think that the modem is been suffering from some electrical interferences, this mostly happens due to the modem is been placed near to the electrical devices and it hampers the normal working of the modem, just try keeping the modem far away from such device and see the ping result that you get after this, I hope some difference should be present in the result when you compare it.

Thank you for the advice that you have given me, but when I did the things that you have mentioned in the above post, I am not getting any of the changes in the result that you have told me to compare, it seems that there is some other issue that is bothering me and also the result that have been provided is not that good in the ping result and other variable is also been in the low range, when I did the test from the online speed test that you have told me to do. I have no idea that how to come out of this now please help me in this.

Try calling the customer care of the Comcast service provider, the issue may be present from their side, as they will never accept that because it will be the bad impression on them, but they will tell you that the problem will be solved, and it will get solved in one or two days after you giving them a call, god alone knows how does it happens. Also ask them to change the hard ware which is related to the internet connection like the modem and the cable which is used to connect with your computer and the modem.

I think the problem is mainly from the service provider side as there may be bad splitter between the source and the receiver which is you of course, just give a call to the customer care and they will mainly help you in solving the problem that you are facing in these recent days , do not forget to take the complaint number which is provided by them and just keep a note of it as they are important in the future, also as you are using the other device for connecting to the internet, just continue with it, as per my experience, the customer care technician can take a long time to solve the problem of yours.