Thread: Zyxel p600 modem is not able to connect to the internet when connected to play station 2

Zyxel p600 modem is not able to connect to the internet when connected to play station 2

One of mine friends had recently brought a modem and he was having the DSL type of connection, the main purpose that he was trying to use the connection was to play online games with the help of the play station 2. I tried all the possible things that was present in it like resetting the modem and removing all the plug from the modem and see, but I was not able to come out from it, the concept that was just going in my mind is that will I have to configure the modem so that it will work anyhow for him, also the router is been not present with him, it is just a similar straight connection.

Re: Zyxel p600 modem is not able to connect to the internet when connected to play station 2

Hi, I just went through the problem that you were facing, the thing is when I went through the Zyxel’s page, I was not able to see any of the specification for that particular series, but when I see that the lowest thing that I see into it is the P623, and when I went further into it I saw that this was the modem. So the best thing that he can do is to go to the modem page for that specification and see that the required setting is to be done into it, try opening the command prompt, in that type ipcofig into it. Then you will find the browser type in the default gateway IP, once you have found that then press enter, once you have done that this should bring the configuration page for the Zyxel, and after that do all the possible setting that you want to do in that.

Re: Zyxel p600 modem is not able to connect to the internet when connected to play station 2

I am facing some of the difficulties in using Wired Reliance Broad band connection, the modem that they have provided me is ZYXEL P-600 series Modem. I have connected this to my computer which is running the windows xp operating system in it. The question that is troubling me is how do I share internet services between my pc and laptop what kind of the router will be compatible with it, once the router is been installed in it will it create any suppression in the speed of the internet, the thing that I have heard is the reliance use the one session per user and also uses the web authentication many time, so how to overcome this thing.

I just went through the problem of yours and it seems that the problem that you are facing is in the setting of the computer and the laptop of yours, the thing is that when you are trying to connect to the internet while using both the computer and the laptop, there will be some of the degradation in the speed of the internet services that you are getting, so see to it that the plan that you are using is having a high internet connection speed, according to me to overcome this problem, you can do the following things in it. Try to configure the modem that is present in the PPPOE mode, now enable the DHCP in the modem and in the TCP/IP there will be the properties of the connection, configure this connection in both the system and the laptop of yours, there will be an section which will help you to enable the IP address to automatically.

I just wanted to know that in which of the mode is your modem at present is it in PPPOE mode or in the bridge mode, now if you want to open the modem menu in the system of yours just type 192.168.1.1 in your browser that you are currently using, after you do that a window will be appearing which will be asking you the password and the username, in that case the password and the username will be Admin. Now once you have entered in it then the following configuration about the modem can be done from there.