Thread: What is the actual speed provided by the Comcast internet service provider?

What is the actual speed provided by the Comcast internet service provider?

Hi, I am having the issue in the speed that is provided by the Comcast internet service provider, the thing is I had recently taken the connection for my system that is present in the crowded locality, the operating system that I am using is windows Xp, service pack 3. So now I tried using the speed test.net that I was present in the internet for testing the internet speed, the speed that I am in downloading is about 18KBPS and in the uploading the speed is 1 KBPS, I just wanted to know that actually what kind of the speed I should be getting for these thing as the upload speed is so low but the downloading speed is so high in this.

Re: What is the actual speed provided by the Comcast internet service provider?

According to me the internet speed that you are searching for is a very tricky thing, always be assure that the speed that you are getting today will be not the same for tomorrow, the main concept in these is that the distance of the main source of the service that is provided to you should be under a certain limit, these thing help a lot as if you are far away from the device which is providing the service then it is really bad service that you will be getting for the same in it. So ask your service provider to see that the distance that you are from the sender you can say, should be minimum.

There are various different websites that are present that will give you the result, as you have done in the case of yours only, but did you noticed the speed variation which were present when you did the test a number of times, I think in most of the case it was varying from one value to another. So now don’t only depend on that, also I have seen that most of the people who are connected to your internet in some way can reduce the speed that you are trying to achieve for. Also the lan connection that are available in the offices and also some time in the home reduces the services that are been provided to you.

If you don’t want to buy any of the software that are present in the internet, or you don’t believe to the results that are been provided to you by the online software that you used in previous time, then I think that you have to see the thing in the hard ware that you are been provided, also some time the speed that is been provided to you in the same, but the thing is the wire and the worn out cords that are present in the connection of the internet to your system is been not properly set so because of that it can be the problem in it.

Hi there I am also facing this problem from many times, I really made the customer care service people of the hathway go mad because of the speed problem that I was facing, the thing is I changed many of the plan for the services to be in the constant rate but I was not getting, the customer care people says that the services that are been provided to you is as per the plan what you have chosen in the initial stage. But I am not happy with this, is any of the way present to help me in this.