Thread: Increase Upload speed using Motorola Surfboard SB5120 cable modem

Increase Upload speed using Motorola Surfboard SB5120 cable modem

Hello friend I am recently bought a Motorola Surfboard modem. It support up to 100 mbps speed. Problem is that I don’t know how to increase the upload speed through surfboard modem. Does anybody here on this forum is familiar with how to enhance my upload rate with Motorola surfboard cable modem? I am using Hathway internet connection at my Home and downloading velocity rocks, but upload speed unhappily. Is there a set I can pinch to pick up this? I am really disturbed with my upload rate; it is not as good as than using a 56k modem. If any help please suggest me.

Re: Increase Upload speed using Motorola Surfboard SB5120 cable modem

Fine, could you repeat that? What are you receiving for upload rate, and what is your limit for uploading you have to possibly inquire your ISP provider what your limit is. the majority of the at home system has limit of uploading that is less what they permit for downloading. I can UL at about 256 kbps maximum, as many at home clients have a limit of 128 kbps. If you are not so far known with Registry tweaking, go away to the main page of this web site and examine up on it in their Patches and Tweaks pages. But primary be certain to identify how to back up and repair your Registry before you begin with it.

To one and all that respond, thank you very much for your participation. I am familiar with what my present upload limit is 128kbps, but I am not receiving anyplace close to that upload speed. I have practical a patch from this web site which has improved my download speed but It does not improved my upload speed. I would like to speak that I typical wherever from 30-50kbps upload speed and the fastest I had ever seen is in the eighty's. Is here everything or any particular patch I can put in to boost this presentation? I'm immobile and confused! Thanks

I am familiar with this process so attempt this. Firstly click on start then click to run, then you need to type gpedit.msc in run and then click ok button. Then in the Administrative Templates go to Network - Qos packet schedule. There you double click on the Limit resolvable bandwidth. Then finally click on enabled button. Now change 20 to 0 value. Then click press ok button. Now you need to restart your system. Now visit web site to test your uploading speed. Now you surly get the difference between current speed and previous one.

For several reason, a number of people are wrong to believe that the Qas for bandwidth reservation somehow all the time, preventing their ability to use all its bandwidth. The fact is that Qas comes into play with applications designed specifically to interact with quality of service and used, and these are usually network (LAN) applications in an enterprise environment. implementation will require a% minimum available bandwidth. then and only then, QoS make any reservation. For home users, this will never come into play. It application business to business / enterprise networks. you know, big business and such.