Thread: Finally Delhi NCR gets Airtel 3G

Finally Delhi NCR gets Airtel 3G

The wait is about to get over. Finally the people of Delhi NCR will be enjoying high speed Internet browsing, better quality video calls and a host of other multimedia services which are not available in 2G; as Airtel will light up Delhi with its 3G services very soon. It’s officially confirmed that Delhi-NCR will b getting about 1800 sites in Delhi for 3G delivery.

Re: Finally Delhi NCR gets Airtel 3G

What is the browsing speed and tariff rate of the 3G services..?? By when will the 3G services start..?? I have been waiting from such a long time for Airtel 3G services to start at Delhi NCR area. What other benefits do we get compared to the current 2G services..? Hope to get better signal strength then what we get currently. I am hoping for the best.

I do not think any plans or tariffs are announced yet. But the prices are likely to be similar to what we pay for the 2G services, may be slightly more than that. The 3G services have got a lot of benefits. Airtel 3G will allow customers to enjoy a variety of exciting service offerings including Mobile TV, Video Calls, high-speed internet and Video capabilities on social networks.

I am using Airtel 2G SIM card and I wish to use the new benefits of 3G services. Do I need to buy a new Airtel SIM card or can I use my current sim card to avail the benefits of 3G services..? If possible then what will be the procedure and charges to convert from 2G to 3G? Do I need to buy a new cell phone specially, if I wish to use the 3G services..?

3G will work on your existing 2G SIM Card. You will not be required to change your SIM Card. New users will need to buy a new Airtel 3G connection to use the 3G services. You need to call Airtel Customer Care (121) to know the tariff and the procedure to enable 3G services on ur current 2G SIM card. Also 3G will work only on 3G enabled cell phones, so you need to buy a new 3G enabled cell phone if you don’t have it now.