Thread: DNA A201 BEI bsnl modem

DNA A201 BEI bsnl modem

I am using DNA A201 BEI modem from the BSNL broadband. They have proved me the driver CD to me. I don’t have LAN card so I decided to use the USB port for internet connection. From my friend system I download the driver and installed it to my system. But I am not able to connect to internet. In the hardware wizard device can be seen working perfectly. Though, I cannot use internet. If anyone have faced same problem and got the solution please post on this forum.

re: DNA A201 BEI bsnl modem

Hello friend, I have never faced this type of the problem, But, I will try to help you out this problem. Change your mode to PPPOE from the bridge mode. And configure PPPOE. Then enable DHCP in your given modem. Then right click on the LAN then select TCP/IP option then property button here you check on the automatic obtain IP address option then click on check box shown when connected then click ok button.

Thank you for giving you opinion on this topic. I followed the instruction explained in the above post. But I am unable to perform entire step told by you. I just make myself to click on automatic assign IP address option and display when connected. But I am not getting about the PPPOE. So please elaborate procedure a bit. Thanks in advance.

You either have LAN or USB connectivity not both, please check if any other USB modem is installed in your system. Put on the modem and connect it to USB port of system. Then widows OS will automatically detect it. It will ask you for the driver please install the driver you have downloaded for it. Follow the instruction given during installation. Enable the automatic IP address assign option then click on ok button then restart your system. Now you will able to use the internet. Please if you have any other modem driver installed remove it. Try, it may work in your case.

Hello friend I think you are using Bridge mode. You should run in dialer mode. You need to click connect on a dialer to access internet connection. And configure your modem in PPPOE always in ON. Then type 192.168.1.1 in any of your browser. Then provide admin as user name and password. Checks for WAN page and edit 0_35 on this then choose the option between bridge and PPPOE. This will help you.

Re: DNA A201 BEI bsnl modem

Please provide me a step by step procedure for entering the broadband username/password in the modem after entering 198.168.1.1 into my web browser. I asking this for my friend I don’t have modem right with so could explain him or do it on his system. He told me that he is shown four:-
    1) device Info 2) Advanced Setup, 3) Diagnostics, 4) management

ITI DNA A201 BEI bsnl modem

I am using ITI DNA A201 BEI modem from the BSNL broadband. They dont provide the driver CD to me. I don’t have LAN card so I decided to use the USB port for internet connection. so, i need the drivers for it plz provide me the full driver cd....plzzzzzzz

Re: ITI DNA A201 BEI bsnl modem

Quote Originally Posted by prem67 View Post
    I am using ITI DNA A201 BEI modem from the BSNL broadband. They dont provide the driver CD to me. I don’t have LAN card so I decided to use the USB port for internet connection. so, i need the drivers for it plz provide me the full driver cd....plzzzzzzz
    You can download the ITI DNA A201 BEI modem from here. After downloading the drivers to lets say C:/USB drivers for dna a 201 then restart the system connecting the usb cable and modem. Let windows detect new hardware and then install it from the location where you have kept it. Hope that helps you out.