Thread: configure huawei wa1003a modem to multiple wifi devices

configure huawei wa1003a modem to multiple wifi devices

I am using BSNL broadband connection for the internet use. I have wired connection now but I am intended to establish Wi-Fi connection so that my Laptop and my mobile can also use internet connection wirelessly. I bought huawei wa1003a modem. But, I am not aware of establishing connection and how to configure it. If you people have any idea please let me know. Please make me learn to configure huawei modem. You would be appreciated.

Re: configure huawei wa1003a modem to multiple wifi devices

Hi friend I read your problem, I happy that you thought to do some innovative. First by default you will be in the dialer mode change it. Switch it to PPP or PPPOE mode. Once you have done with it please enable the DHCP and provide the value varying between 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.5. then right click on then LAN then select TCP/IP then click on property then check on automatic assign IP address. Do it and see whether it is working or not.

Thank you friend for giving your opinion, I tried to do the operation you posted on the above post but I could not get the entire step friend, I could the assign the automatic assign IP address from the TCP/IP property option. I am not getting where to find PPP mode where it is. What is the dialer mode? I am still unable to use the internet on my Laptop. Please let me the other way to connect Laptop to modem. Thanks in advance.

Once you have done with the automatic IP address assign option. Next step is to open your web browser and in the URL type 192.168.1.1 a screen asking for the username and password will seen. By default both are “admin”. So, login by using admin. Then another screen will open in this you click on the setup then click on PVC0 and another screen will open. Change type to bride then click on applies. Then click on DHCP configuration and set you’re starting IP and end IP. Now click on the wireless option and enable AP. Then go tool option. and choose user management and change access password then click on save button. And restart your PC now you will connect multiple devices for internet use.

Thank you, friend for giving you such a precious time for me. I followed the step posted in above the post. Now, I able to connect my Laptop to access my internet. The problem is that I am not able to connect my Nokia E72 to this. So please help to solve this problem. You are seemed to computer savvy. So please help me out of this issue. Thank in advance.