Thread: WA1003A – Wireless Router with Ethernet connection

WA1003A – Wireless Router with Ethernet connection

I am using BSNL broadband connection for internet. It is working perfectly with my desktop as well as my Laptop. I bought a WA1003A wireless router. I want to use my Laptop via wireless router and desktop over Ethernet connection. I want to connect both the devices simultaneously for internet connection. I need networking on both simultaneously. Individually device is working. Please anyone tell me how to connect both simultaneously by wireless and Ethernet. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: WA1003A – Wireless Router with Ethernet connection

Hi friend I read your problem, first you need to make sure that your internet is working properly with Ethernet connection in your desktop and in your laptop. If it is working then next step is to connect your router to your desktop via Ethernet cable. For that you need to have two Ethernet cables, one Ethernet cable will run from BSNL router to your wireless router and another Ethernet cable will run from your wireless router to your computer. In this type of connection you will be able to connect internet in your desktop though wired network and your Laptop through wireless.

Hello friend, Thank you for giving your suggestion, I have connected my WA1003A – Wireless Router through Ethernet cable, But I am getting problem in using internet connection. After doing such a connection I am not able to connect internet to my desktop not in my laptop. No internet connection seems on PC. Tell me what do? How should I configure my router. Please tell me the step to do configuration. Thanks in advance.

For configuring you’re router type 192.168.1.1 in address bar of internet explorer. This is factory default IP to the router. Then you will see a page for login and password. Enter the username and password given in the manual come with the router. Then go to setup tab then set public IP given by ISP. Then click on automatically obtain IP address. Set default MAC address to router. Choose the option if your ISP prover uses PPPOE feature for net connection. Otherwise choose PPTP it is same as PPPOE. It is used by most of the DSL services. Follow the instruction on the page and you have done here now restart your PC. Now you can access the net through the Laptop.

Hi I have similar kind of problem, I want to know how to configure a Router? First of all, Tell me about the configuration of Linksys Router. Since, I am new to this, I am not having any idea about it. So please tell me the way to do so. I want to have a router for net connection through my laptop. Any help would be appreciated.