Thread: Is Airtel Blocking Torrent downloads?

Is Airtel Blocking Torrent downloads?

I am using an Airtel connection and in general I am happy with it. But it has now suddenly started to give some problems. Since past week I have had this issue where the torrent download would start then pick up speeds of up to 25 KBPS and then it would come down within 2 minutes and the down load would stop. I use utorrent client with a Netgear wireless router connected to a betel DSL modem on a Airtel 256 kbps unlimited connection. So can you tell me the solution to this issue? And is it happening with everyone or only I am facing this kind of problem?

Re: Is Airtel Blocking Torrent downloads?

I think that looking at your problem you should go for some good private trackers with high speed like speed.cd as this seems to be a torrent issue. According to my knowledge I don't think that the ISP's in India were having any rights to block any sites unless and until specified by government of India on some cases. I guess that the Airtel would not have been blocked it. You just check whether everything is fine on your side or not.

Even I agree with the previous solution that you need to check that something is wrong on your side or not. This is because the government of India has not specified anything about the blocking of web site. So there is no reason why you should have a problem using torrent .Maybe your internet connection is faulty or there could be any other reason why you are facing with such problem. I hope once you found it then everything will be fine once again.

As far as I am concerned they just don’t inform you such thing as they don’t care much about it. They can block such sites on their own and they don’t bother about others. There is nothing we can do in India or for that matter anywhere in the world. Even I faced a similar kind of problem wherein I was using a VoIP device with BSNL connection couple of years back and the port was suddenly blocked by BSNL. So I would like to just inform you that such thing happens.

I have a solution for this. You can try changing the port in Utorret to a different one and then follow it up by configuring your port with that. Then you can test and check if that is working or not. If the test fails it means you're unable to connect to any remote peers. There is one more thing that you can check and that is you can try it again by activating the DMZ for a while and then see if that works. If that works then it is an issue with the port forwarding. So you can check out with this solution.