Thread: Airtel 3G settings for the Windows 7 and Nokia 3G mobile

Airtel 3G settings for the Windows 7 and Nokia 3G mobile

well I am a Nokia users and currently I am having Nokia 5630 which supports 3G for the 10.2MBPS. whenever I am, attempting to connect with PC suite I am getting the speed of 480KBPs. I am suspecting that particular speed is associated with the EDGE speed. I am looking for the setting in windows 7 which connect with the 3G speed. For your information I am using Airtel 3G. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: 3G settings for the Windows 7 and Nokia 3G mobile

Well looking at the situation I would like to say that any speed which is having 384kbps is to be considered as 3G. You need observe the speed and tell me what speed you are getting on the internet. Well you need to do manual configuration instead of doing connection with the PC suite which you have installed on the computer of yours. Let me know that result when you have performed the manual configuration to get the speed.

I have done the manual configuration and I have got the speed of 950kbs for the connection. I let you know that I am getting the speed of the 75kbps. But you know very well that 3G service is quite greater which I am getting so far by using this particular thing. I have also searched on the Google for this particular thing but did not found any thing. Let me know if you are having any other suggestion apart from manual configuration.

I am asking certain question to gather more information regrading the requirement of yours. Let me know how you wanted to connect? I mean you are looking to connect with PC suite or Bluetooth. Also let me know where you have done any changes in the Modem Settings. Answer the above mentioned question so that I can let you what further steps should be taken to get the requirement of yours.

I would like to say that speed of the internet connection is totally depended on the network provider. You will be able to get the speed with the operator which you are using. I let you know that I am getting the speed of 4 MBPS and I am using the BSNL 3G and Nokia C5. So I recommend that you should contact the network provider for this particular thing. I am thinking that they are the person who can help you out the fix the matter of yours.

Re: Airtel 3G settings for the Windows 7 and Nokia 3G mobile

Quote Originally Posted by hostess View Post
    well I am a Nokia users and currently I am having Nokia 5630 which supports 3G for the 10.2MBPS. whenever I am, attempting to connect with PC suite I am getting the speed of 480KBPs. I am suspecting that particular speed is associated with the EDGE speed. I am looking for the setting in windows 7 which connect with the 3G speed. For your information I am using Airtel 3G. Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.
    p

Can anyone send the 3g settings info to me to activate on my windows 7 computer?????

Re: Airtel 3G settings for the Windows 7 and Nokia 3G mobile

I dont think we need to do some extra settings for 3G to use on PC. Whever settings we need is on our mobile, thats it. Once it is activated on mobile, it will transfer the same on PC through PC Suite. Anyways for your satisfaction, just give a call to Vodafone Customer care and confirm the same with them. They will assist you better if there is any extra settings for PC.