Thread: Airtel 3G not getting activated In iPhone 4

Airtel 3G not getting activated In iPhone 4

Its been quite some days that I had activated the 3G service on my brand new iPhone 4. Still I cannot see any 3G sign in the iPhone whenever I start browsing the internet a E sign only gets displayed on the phone. I tried calling the customer care and they said that the status is showing activated in their database but no 3G connection here. So for some temporary solution they gave me some methods which I should try so that I can get some temporary relief. They asked me to switch off the cell and turn it on, that I did buy it did not work, it was really very frustrating to work in it. I tried talking to the manger itself but he was unavailable. As of now I am really very angry with the service of the airtel people. I have come here to seek some help from you all. Is there any other settings that I should try so that I get the 3G settings in the phone.

Re: Airtel 3G not getting activated In iPhone 4

Yes I know that’s a common problem here so as of now one temporary solution that I would like to give you here is that try enabling both the connections i.e edge as well as the 3G connection in your phone and you would be able to see the 3G sign. Even I was not getting the connection and after having a talk with the customer care of the airtel they suggested me the following method and surprisingly that worked for me. so I would advice you to just try with the following method and let me know if that works or not.

In my case I had to go and personally meet the technical department and ask for a help because it been almost a week since I had activated the 3G service and it is not getting displayed in the phone, how ruthless it is. So that’s why I had to personally meet the technical department there and they personally made some changes in my mobile settings and they asked me to wait for 24 hours and the 3G service will get activated. So actually I did the same thing and it did get activated. Airtel must seriously improve.

What type of changes have you made in the settings of the phone could you please elaborate as it would be beneficial for all of us. So if you have any knowledge of what changes did the technical guy make in the network settings of your iPhone 4 then please do share here, as your suggestion will be very beneficial for all of us. So if you are knowing it then please do post in here. I am waiting for your response.

I would advice you to do the following changes in the settings of the phone and I am quite sure that the 3G setting will get activated.
    1) Go to the main menu and from there to the settings option.
    2) Go to the general option, and from there select network.
    3) Once you have done that you will get the list of options. So in that follow the order
    Enable 3G ON
    Cellular Data ON
    Data Roaming ON
    WIFI - OFF
    VPN - OFF
    Internet Tethering – OFF
    4) Having done that go back to the settings page and in general go to the reset network settings.
    So please do follow the above steps and let me know if it has helped you or not.

I have tried the above settings and still 3G is not working on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. It is noteworthy that my iPhones are factory unlocked so hence this problem is not about Jailbreak. It is a problem very specific to Airtel. Please help!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rahulrox View Post
    I have tried the above settings and still 3G is not working on iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4. It is noteworthy that my iPhones are factory unlocked so hence this problem is not about Jailbreak. It is a problem very specific to Airtel. Please help!!
    Call up the Airtel Customer Care on 121, ask them about the GPRS plans they are offering, like we are using the Mobile Office plan, which offers unlimited browsing and downloading for 20Rs per day. So, pick up your plan and tell them to activate for you.

Have you tried calling Airtel Customer care on 121 and asked them about the GPRS plans, you need to pick up any plan and just have to tell them to activate it for your iphone. After it is activated, then you need to go in iPhone go to Settings >> General >> Network >> EDGE and enter

APN: Airtelgprs.com
    Username: Leave it blank
    Password: Leave it blank

Thats it, the Airtel 3g can now be started on your phone.

Thanks for your quick response sorry i am replying a bit late but let me tell you that has really helped me a lot. So thanks a lot for that it did really helped me. I was doubting whether this solution will work with me or not but i still decided to give it a try and luckily it helped me a lot. I advice you all to try with this one and i am quite sure that it will help you. Guys do try it and i am sure it will work.