Thread: Is Airtel eating up the download speed?

Is Airtel eating up the download speed?

Hello friends I am making use of the Airtel broadband 320Kbps unlimited connection, now I am able to access each and every site pretty easily with no problem at all. But when I try to download anything from the internet I find I get only 120 kbps speed and that too only for a minute and after that the speed suddenly drops to 40-45 Kbps, this is really very irritating me as I am not able to download anything on time, so can someone help me to know that how will I be able to overcome this problem.

Re: Is Airtel eating up the download speed?

Dude first of all test that the modem that you are utilizing is proper that is it is getting the internet connection properly. You must see to it that all the data, link and the Pc line glows constantly on the device when you try to download anything from the internet. If you are not able to get the light to glow continuously and is going off and on then I think that there is some kind of a problem with the device and should be replaced.

You should first ask the Airtel providers that you are getting so less speed with the connection though you are utilizing 320Kbps speed so you must at least get around 120-150kbps speed. You are getting only around 40-45Kbps speed which is too slow and if I had on your side I would have instantly changed my plan and would have transferred to either the 1Mbps or more, so you should even do the same.

Dude while you use the Download Manager to download the content from the internet along with it are you downloading or steaming any kind of a video with it. If yes then I think that you should only perform one work at a time and if you have kept something for download then you should not try to do something else, which I feel that it will eat the downloading speed.

Guys while I make use of the Download Manager to download from the internet I only keep one content to get download one at a time, I have been even checked the modem and it looks perfect with all the lights glowing constantly, the speed is so slow that even if I keep one file to get download the entire night it doesn’t get download even till the next morning, so can someone really help me to know that why is this happening.

Hey I am also making use of the same plan from the Airtel and even getting the same downloading speed as well with it, now I have even asked the Airtel authorities that why I am getting such a less speed despite my connection is of 320kbps so they explained to me that if we make use of the 320 Kbps this kilo bytes per second, so that means that we will get 320/8 that is 40 Kbs, and this goes with each and every connection, so it is usual to get such a low speed while downloading.