Thread: How to get refund if the internet connection was not activated and equipment was taken back

How to get refund if the internet connection was not activated and equipment was taken back

I got a Tikona connection at my place. But then I surrendered it before going much ahead. This was done because I felt that there is something wrong with their services. The person who came at my place to install the connection said that the PC needs to be formatted. This was just an excuse as he could not install the router software. After that I just canceled the existing account by calling their call center. To my surprise they collected the equipment from my home on the next day itself. And then I was told that I would get the refund immediately, since the connection was not activated. But I haven’t got it as of yet. So can anyone help me on this?

Re: How to get refund if the internet connection was not activated and equipment was taken back

What you need to do is you need to go to the Tikona office from where you got the connection and lodge an official complaint against it. Once you do it then issue will go forward according to the process and it will take few days to get your refund back. So for that you need to be patient enough to get your money back. I hope that once you register a complaint then you will get beck your refund.

Re: How to get refund if the internet connection was not activated and equipment was taken back

Thank you for your reply. I have already lodged a official complaint in their call center which I suppose is of no use. They don’t even attend your call properly. And to top it they don’t even answer you properly. I had also sent an e-mail to their nodal officer but even that was to no avail. I didn’t get any reply from him as well. So I guess that now I have to go to the Tikona office from where I got this connection and lodge an official complaint. I hope that this will help me.

Even I had a similar issue and it took long time to get sorted. Even I had a Tikona connection and then within two days I had removed it. At that time they assured me that they will give me the refund within a week but that wasn’t the case. It took a few months and some calls before I actually got the refund. For me it took almost three months. So its better that you keep reminding them frequently about it to get your refund otherwise it will take long time to get it back.

I think that you need to do both. Go to the office and lodge a complaint and then keep calling them to remind those guys about your refund. Both these things will help you to get back your refund immediately. Feels very bad to hear about your experience with them but that is the way it goes .Once you get them back I would suggest you to let everyone know how you got them back.So that all those who are suffering will get some help.
    Last edited by Kirt; 03-03-2011 at 11:22 AM.