Thread: How to check the LAN connectivity

How to check the LAN connectivity

Since after the modem was exchange because of some voltage issues in the modem, I am facing problem in connecting the internet, for sometime the internet connection remain stable but after that it goes away and do not come back. The LED on the modem on computer, cable and the power keeps blinking but not the data transfer LED, after disabling and enabling the modem or the internet connection the connectivity comes back for a certain amount of time, but it goes back. The thing is why I am facing this kind of problem. Initially I thought that it is the problem of virus in my computer so I formatted the whole computer and I installed the whole thing including the operating system in a proper manner. Please help me regarding this issue.

Re: How to check the LAN connectivity

Check the ip address of the connection that is present in the computer. To do that kindly type ipconfig in the command prompt, this will show you all the connection that is present in your connectivity. It may be cabled or wireless, all the information you require will be displayed in it. If you using more than one connection then you should be having same subnet mask present in it. In case of the local network it do not consist the routable IP address, so because of that private network address should be used. The default gateway is use when you connect to the internet and access the information.DNS server is provided by the ISP. It is the organization DNS name that helps to be recognized in the internet world.

I too was facing the same problem in my computer because of loose connection that was ejected by the computer because the lock which was provided to it was not proper. So before going for the major thing try to check all the connection that is connected to it. If this also doesn’t work then try to check the proxy setting in the internet connection option, and check the “Auto configure” list. Even if this also doesn’t work then contact the internet service provider for the setting which they will tell you to do when you will be online.

This kind of problem occurred due to loss over the cable which had to be properly adjusting the impedance. Also the connection in the locality should not be more than they require rate because if more than the number of connection is available then frequent connection disconnection will be happening. Tell the technician to check the amplitude of the cable that is emitted from the cable. Also try to check the ipconfig by renewing ipconfig, release ipconfig and renew ipconfig from command line argument.

I had also faced the same type of problem, lately I tried to go on the internet and then it gets disconnect and I am not in the idle time because I set that to about an hour for it, but as I download more and more programs somehow it started disconnecting more frequently. I checked the msconfig and cleared in the programs and downloaded the updated version of the modem drivers. After that try to check the modem diagnostic steps to check whether the signals are been entering to the modem or it is in offline mode.