Thread: Slow internet speed due to high ping value in wireless connection

Slow internet speed due to high ping value in wireless connection

I was using a Tata photon connection for my computer and recently I am using Airtel connection, the jitter that I was getting in MTNL was better than the hathway because hathway was giving a jitter which was very worse. OK with it and I started downloading but as I was downloading the speed was degrading at a very high rate. My address ping was about 1ms, and the speed hat I was getting in the various speed downloading test was pretty normal. When spoke to the technical department that it was saying that the thing is pretty normal from our side and there is problem on your side. What to do to increase the speed and to come out of this problem.

Re: Slow internet speed due to high ping value in wireless connection

There is no perfect way to increase the ping rate. Because the program that is used by the operating system is by default, and removing this program will by default decrease the performance of the system, this are called as unwanted program which are not used at a particular time but sometime always. You can try to disable the following things to overcome the problem, they are Alerter, Clipbook , Error Reporting Service, Help and Support, Indexing Service , Human Interface Device Access, Machine Debug Manager, Messenger ,Network DDR, Network DDE DSDM, Routing and Remote Access, Secondary Logon, SSDP Discovery Service, Telnet.

To increase the ping value, so that you get the high performance in the internet speed, try to change the anti virus program that you have connected with. Do not keep the Norton internet speed, because the amount of performance it gives is terrible. Go with MC cafee or AVG which is free of charge. This thinks do not remove the spy ware/Ad ware so because of that, you have to download the program which is free such as spy bot search and destroy. Also try to download registry cleaner like C Cleaner to repair any of the register that will repair it. Also try to keep the firewall in the normal mode and not the highest mode, because sometime it will acquire a lot amount of memory.

Try repairing all the hard drive that can be the main issue, it is mainly due to ISP and to correct it you will require the operating system cd because of which you can correct the hard drive or the operating system error which is leading to that problem. You can do the following thing.
    1. Disable the Auto tuning.
    2. Download the Auto tuning from the internet and install it. Manually input the required value and then reboot your computer.
    3. Defrag the entire disk and try to reboot the computer.
    4. If the above problem still exist by doing all the steps then contact to your ISP and tell them what you have done till now.

Try dong the following things. GO to Start then run and then regedit, press ok. Try to find the register “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces \”.At that particular place you will find many value of NIC, select the one from which the internet packets are been transformed. Then on the right hand side you will have the machine IP address. Then on the right hand click on the panel and write the name as TcpAckFrequency and then modify and assign the value to 1. You can also change the value of no delay it is very simple, click on start then run and then regedit and then OK. Then find the following thing HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSMQ\Paramet ers. Now click on the right hand side and click the Dword value in that type TCPNoDelay right click the entry and modify the value to 1 and press OK. This will reduce the ping effect to some extent.