Thread: Some questions regarding Legalities surrounding wireless internet access in India

Some questions regarding Legalities surrounding wireless internet access in India

Well i have some question for you and i will be very happy if you are able to answer my query. Well the questions are related to the legalities that tare termed for the wireless connection in india. So I would be very happy if you are able to answer my query regarding this topic. Well my questions are will it be illegal if I operate my wireless router and that too without security password. Also the other question is that is it possible to connect to an open wireless network without the permission of the owner who is responsible for the connection. So do answer my queries I will be very helpful If you could help me with the queries.

Re: Some questions regarding Legalities surrounding wireless internet access in India

Well according to me. you can try with both the possibilities. At this point of time I cannot say that whether it is legal or illegal. I certainly know that the activities that you have suggested is perfectly termed as not allowed. So if you are talking about that then you will certainly be not allows to do that process. Since I do not much about the legal activities I would say that it would be better if you practice the safe browsing through any of the wireless connection. So this is my suggestion and now its upon you to decide on it. so I hope you have got the necessary solutions.

Re: Some questions regarding Legalities surrounding wireless internet access in India

Well according to me the first activity that you have suggested here cannot be termed as illegal but it is best to keep a security password and that will be better for you only. I am saying this because if somebody tries to gain an access to the network that you are using then you will be in trouble if he is trying to do some illegal activities in the name of your account. So you would be the one who would be charged in the name of such activities. So it is best to avoid such activities and better stay away from it.

I think it is illegal and I think there is some law made to ensure that such type of criminal activities are avoided. I think such type of aw has been passes and if it is not passed then it will soon be passed. I am saying this becae all other isp have ensured that customers have password protected their wireless networks and they should not become a victim of offence. So it is always better to password protect your wifi connection and hence be secured. So I hope you have got the necessary information.

Well i would advice you to check the latest wifi directive that is being issued by the DOT. I think there it is clearly mentioned that what can be the consequences if they do follow the illegal method. The network strategies have been very well built and hence you cannot take the law so easily. As per your first question is concerned there is a certain law introduced and that is termed as illegal use of a network and also there is one more act which was way long introduced and can be applied here also and that is 1885 Telegraph Act. So I hope I am able to give you all the necessary information on this topic, hope you have liked it.