Thread: Airtel broadband is throttling bittorrent traffic

Airtel broadband is throttling bittorrent traffic

I have observed that the airtel people having opted for various methods which would throttle bittorrent traffic. Well they are surely opting for many methods which would allow the shaping or throttling of the connection. I think it is illegal to do so. Well I have noticed that at the beginning they used to resort to simple TCP connection-reset method to drop the connection from both the sides. Currently I think they are opting for advanced methods like Sandvine traffic shapers which would allow them to shape the traffic. I know beating the throttling method is a very difficult task. What I need to say through this post is that such type of activity should be completely erased off by the airtel people. So I am looking for some improvement after this post of mine.

Re: Airtel broadband is throttling bittorrent traffic

I appreciate that you have posted regarding this matter. Well the same problem is being faced by me. so that’s was indeed a great thing done by you. Well earlier I used to get a download speed of around 128kbps for downloads but now I hardly get anything. Sometimes the maximum speed touches 30kbps. Well that is quite slow and even I am of the opinion that the airtel people must surely do something to stop this activity. Well I have checked my internet download manager and I think its not the problem with it. it is working fine and I have checked the speed of rest of all the downloads and they seem to give me a good speed for their downloads.

Well, I am thinking to switch to the different service provider for the same activity. I think that is pretty enough, I am getting to see a lot of unawfull activities from the airtel. I am a customer of airtel from past 1.5 years and I have noticed that the service is getting degraded from worse to the worst. So to put an end to such type of activities I am thinking of going with any other service providers. Well do you know any such good service providers that have a good service facility and will help me in this situation then do let me know about it. I am waiting for your suggestions.

Well I think reliance broadband is working well these days and I think you must surely opt for that. Many of my friends are using the same and are pretty satisfied by the service that they are providing. So do keep it that as a option. One more option that I would like to give you is that of the spectranet. This particular broadband connection is quite good and hence I would recommend you to give it a try. So do try opting with any one of the above suggestions that I have given you here. You would surely like them.

Well according to me this is a kind of the denial of service attack. I think the denial of service attack is a kind of attack but its passive in nature. Well they can be poisoning a particular IP in order to control the traffic. So this is a step that can be taken by the service providers in order to avoid the traffic. Well you cannot term this particular activity as illegal. That particular decision of throttling the particular service is done by the service providers itself. So you cannot do anything about it.