Thread: What is the Importance of Fair Usage Policy.

What is the Importance of Fair Usage Policy.

As I am newly connected to the internet and a new user, as I was going through the Rules and regulation of the usage of internet, I found the term “Fair usage policy”. Currently I have taken a 512 kbps plan, will the rule will be applied for every plan when I will be changing in the future. Also what is the latest plan that is available? I like to watch online movies and programs in You Tube, so will it create any problems? What speed should I have so that I can see the videos in the You Tube without it getting stopped? Is it possible to view videos with the help of Tata photon?

Re: What is the Importance of Fair Usage Policy.

Fair Usage Policy is use because many of the people, who are connected to the net, use the internet ravishingly and download in such a way that it creates a problem to the internet service provider. If you are paying the rent monthly, then it will charge for that month after crossing a certain limits. After that the speed will become as normal. Take for example Airtel Fair policy usage which is bad when compared with others. Some of the fair policy for certain speed limits are:
    • 128 kbps download limit per month 10 GB.
    • 256 kbps download limit per month 15 GB.
    • 384 kbps download limit per month 20 GB.
    • 512 kbps download limit per month 25 GB.
    • 1 Mbps download limit per month 150 GB.

The Fair Usage policy value keeps on changing, every certain period of time. This happens with all the major companies, they try to reduce the internet speed in such a manner that the customers are able to use the internet, but in lesser speed environment. This issue was not present at the earlier days, but in earlier days too, the productivity of the internet was not that high. The Fair usage policy for Hathway internet services are as follows:For 256 kbps maximum usage is 5GB and the download sped after the limit is 128kbps.For 384 kbps maximum usage is 5GB and the download sped after the limit is 128kbps.For 512 kbps maximum usage is 5GB and the download sped after the limit is 256kbps.For 1MBPS maximum usage is 5GB and the download sped after the limit is 256kbps.

I have tried my level best to make you understand about the fair policy concept, this should be cleared in your mind, about how to use the internet and while choosing the internet connection plan what you require to check. As I said all the service provider company consist of certain policy, For BSNL the Fair policy is provided as follow:For BSNL the benefits of the internet usage are been provided o all the users. Home Combo ULF 900 plan, in this you get 4 MBPS speed and the maximum usage of 8 GB. But the point is after 8 GB the speed is reduced to 256.This is been present for the unlimited plan only, and for the other policy it charge 0.60 for each MB.

This is for Tata indicom photon
    This is really bad and expensive. And you can’t use the Usb for viewing the videos in any of the site because it requires the stable connectivity that is not present in the usb connectivity. The Plan for the same is.
    These are MB based plan.
    Photon + 500 Plan have monthly charge of 500 of usage of 05 GB and additional usage will be charged of about 1 re/MB. Photon + 750 Plan have monthly charge of 750 of usage of 2 GB and additional usage will be charged of about 1 re/MB. Photon + Night unlimited Plan has monthly charge of 1000 of usage of 2 GB and Night unlimited. Photon + unlimited Plan have monthly charge of 1250 of usage of 0 GB and additional usage is unlimited.
    The min based plans are:
    “Pay as you go 250” monthly rental is 250 and additional usage is 1Re/MB. “Photon + 1hour /day” monthly rental is 500 and additional usage is 1Re/MB. “photon +2 hour/day” monthly rental is 750 and additional usage is 1Re/MB.