Thread: Hathway wireless router connectivity

Hathway wireless router connectivity

My internet connection name is Hathway broadband internet connection with the connection of a modem, the problem is I am trying to buy a wireless router for the same connection, when contacted to my friend for help he asked me to buy a router because the cable in the modem cannot be directly connected to the computer. So do we require a modem and the router to connect in wireless mode and also what kind of router is required to connect. Also try some names of the Router that is requiring for the same. MY operating system is Windows xp .I am doing these because of my friend laptop is been used at my place for many project work so I require the wireless connection

Re: Hathway wireless router connectivity

Hathway internet connection provide the cable connection from the modem to the computer, they have a RJ 45 cable that is use to transfer the data from the modem to the computer. The modem is use to stabilize the signal that is coming from the cable to the computer. So when you buy a wireless router, you require the connection from the RJ-45 to the wireless router, so this connection is required. Once you have connected, then you are able to connect wireless mode. The only disadvantage is that you will be requiring more power for executing it. Also try to ask your internet service provider .if they provide these services or not.

Did you try connecting the RS-45 cable to the laptop of your friend, what did it show in connection mode. You can do that by connecting the wires to laptop slot and changing the setting of the Laptop. To do that go in the network connection on the laptop, and then to the properties, then change the setting of TCP/IP similar to the desktop. Do remember that you have to clone the MAC address .To clone the MAC address in the command prompt, type ipconfig. This will provide the Mac address, with the help of this change the settings

What is the operating system in the laptop? If it is windows 7 then it will create a problem because windows xp which is on the desktop supports internet version 4 and in Windows 7 it support internet version 6. The first think you have to do on the laptop is disable the internet version 6. To disable internet version 6, click on the LAN setting then properties. In that go to TCP? IP properties and ten go on properties and then remove the check on ipv6.This should do it. You can also do it by connecting the laptop to the modem. Turn off the laptop and the modem and again restart it , then the new MAC address will be read by the modem so that the access to the internet is done.

The customer executive of Hathway spoke to me and they provided the solution that, once the MAC address is been registered with Hathway the address is kept in the record for only one purpose only, so you can go to the previous LAN card without doing the binding. This is done because you can use it any combination of the LAN card. You can do that by connecting the laptop and at that particular time contact the help desk, this will register the MAC address of the LAN card of the laptop. Now the information about the MAC address will be registered to the Hathway and you can use it normally.