Thread: BSNL Broadband Home Combo 1000 Unlimited plan

BSNL Broadband Home Combo 1000 Unlimited plan

I am currently using the BSNL Home 1000 Dataone plan at my home and I have heard that the BSNL have launched a new plan called as Home Combo 1000 which offers an Unlimited download. Currently I am getting a speed of 1.5 mbps to around 2 mbps and quite good with it but I don't like limitations so can somebody help me with the same?

Re: BSNL Broadband Home Combo 1000 Unlimited plan

I have gone through an information about the BSNL website where it has been mentioned that the BSNL Broadband Home Combo 1000 Unlimited plan comes with the speed of 2 Mbps but I don't think these has been confirmed yet. Actually it seems like they might change it back to the 1.5 Mbps. You should always keep in mind that the plan that is not provide unlimited downloading limit, always has a better speed and lesser cutoffs. I think you should stick with what you are using currently.

I have seen couple of Home Combo 1000 Unlimited plan subscribers that are not getting download speed more then that of 0.70 mbps and 0.45 mbps upload. I know that BSNL is claiming 2 mbps of download speed with this plan but they have confirmed with the customer where they have got the response that they had not been conveyed this yet. So it is better to opt for older plans before the new plans gets finalized completely.

I guess the 0.70 mbps download speed is much lower then what the BSNL providing. There might be some other problem due to which your computer system is not able to use all bandwidth of your broadband connection or there might be some kind of problem with the connection that you have configured at your home. I suggest you to check that other people in your area are having any similar kind of problems or not. Sometime it happens that local area switch is not capable of providing proper connections to all the client systems due to which it affects on the speed of an internet connection.

If there is any issue with regarding the hardware configuration at your place then you must contact with the ISP from where you have taken the BSNL broadband connection. They must send an engineer to sort out this issue. Check that are there thieves messing up with your broadband connection. Most probably it would be problem with the capacity of the cable that your ISP have used to provide you a broadband connection. I suggest you to make them replace the same and then check that your connection gets faster or not.

There is also a possibility that your machine might be containing some kind of software which may be blocking your browser to use all the capacity of your broadband connection and hence you are not able to use it. I recommend you to use the some other browser and then check that your problem gets solved or not. If not then make sure that there are no viruses on your machine as it could also be an issue for messing with your internet connection.