Thread: Issue regarding photon plus device huawei ec152 cdma1x hsia

Issue regarding photon plus device huawei ec152 cdma1x hsia

Hello friends , I am a new to Tata Photon Plus . I want to know some technical details about Tata Photon Plus. What are the features of Tata Photon Plus Huwaei ec152 device. What is it’s speed limit. It shows "CDMA1x HSIA USB Stick" so what does that mean, is it EVDO ? or EVDO and HSIA interchangeable names . As per my knowledge speed is 3.1Mbps and it is using IPv4 can I change to IPv6? At some site request time out error is shown but that site open from other ISP provider. What may be the reasons? I want know about the Tata Photon. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Issue regarding photon plus device huawei ec152 cdma1x hsia

Hi, friends Today I bought a new Photon Plus connection & have the same huawi ec152 device. I have tested the speed and I am getting 1Mbps in morning. In the night I am getting more then 700Kbps. So I don’t think the CDMA1X have speed limit. HSIA probably stands for "High Speed Internet Access" device. Anyway, you can check your connection speed at Speed test so you will get a clear idea of device's speed . I'm also not getting speed of my expectation. I was hoping to get at least 2Mbps. I was going to discontinue but I . Will evaluate it for some more time before deciding.

Hello friend I got your problem but I did not understand why do you want switch fromIPv4 to IPv6. Currently most of the web is not purely IPv6 . This may have changed, but still won't help you in this situation. It may be blocked or Tata's DNS may suck. As of a few months ago, neither is Tata itself are facing this issue as none of the upstream providers provide this. Change the DNS settings for your Photon Plus connection to use 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and/or 208.67.220.220 and 208.67.222.222.

Thank you for giving your suggestion. You want to say all broadband or ISP providers (AIRTEL,BSNL etc) are using IPv4 & not IPv6. I don’t agree on you friend. I think they block it. It is some kind of DNS problem. Other users of Tata Photon Plus please check, whether url posted by me is working on your system or not. And what speed you are getting. The IP address you have given to me is for default gateway. What is the relation of Torrent with this problem. Please let me know.

As you asked relation of torrent software with this problem, that also I don't know.. Earlier I was using Windows XP and later I used Vista. Both had not have any the problem. Now I am using Windows 7. I found that sometimes it does not connect too and showing the message as "IPv6 not installed". If connects, it is automatically disconnect after some time. If tryied to install the same it gives the message "your provider is not supporting IPv6" something like that. After the installation of Bit Torrent it found that under the "logger' tab it shows "IPv6 is installed". What is the technical reason I don't understand and can't explain.

Hi friend I am also having some issue with Tata Photon Plus. I have 50Gb of Unlimited Plan connection. My net work properly till I do not cross 5GB. Once I have achieved my download limit or crossing data transfer of 5GB, my internet becomes very slow till the next bill does not come. Hi friend I am also having some issue with Tata Photon Plus. I have 50Gb of Unlimited Plan connection. My net work properly till I do not cross 5GB. Once I have achieved my download limit or crossing data transfer of 5GB, my internet becomes very slow till the next bill does not come. Does Tata photon have something like "Speed On Demand" like Airtel Broadband connection. I want more speed and ready to pay for that data transfer. Can anybody help me in this regards.