Thread: My Bsnl datacard 2g sim giving low internet speed

My Bsnl datacard 2g sim giving low internet speed

Well I am using the Bsnl 2G datacard from last few days and it is not giving me its best. I mean in the initial stage I was getting the perfect uploading and downloading speed. But now I am not getting the proper internet speed. I really don’t know what I should do here in this case. The data card that I am having is of Micromax 310g. have anyone else have faced the similar kind of issue with their system and network connection if yes then please let me know what I can do to solve the issue here.

Re: My Bsnl datacard 2g sim giving low internet speed

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that I can help you in this case so what you have to do in this case is that just try and reconnect the data card that you are using. I mean to say that just remove the data card and again connect it by restarting the system. And then see whether you are able to get rid of this one. I guess after reinserting the card back on the system will definitely allow you to solve the issue.

Well the problem that you are going through is the common problem with the BSNL’s 2g connection. So what you have to do in this case is that just check whether the speed which is you are getting is matching to the one which was told to you when you was purchasing the connection. And if not then you have to just visit the official site of BSNL and then place a complaint over there or just try and see how it goes and if it doesn’t help you then you have to visit the customer support of them and then just let them know the problem which is being faced by you and I hope that this time they will co operate with you and also will help you to resolve the issue that you are going through.

According to me it is the data card that is causing you the issue here. So what you have to do in this case is that just try and change the data card and keep the connection the same. And if you succeed doing this then see what the speed after changing the card and once the card is changed then you will never receive any problem and if this happens then one thing is confirmed that the card which you was using earlier was the corrupted one and that is the reason why you are facing all these issues.

I also experienced a similar problem.
    I have a Micromax 310g data card. I purchased a Bsnl excel 2g sim which is white colored. I recharged it with unlimited GPRS pack of Rs. 274. When I browsed net, the downloading speed was around 100-150 Kbps. I always surfed net with this 2g sim on 3G tower using UMTS connection. But, later it was blocked by the Bsnl company 5-6 days after I purchased it because the retailer from where I had purchased the sim had not submitted the documents. Then I purchased a new Bsnl mobile 2g sim which is Blue colored. I again recharged it with Rs. 274 pack but when I surfed the internet, the speed was too low i.e. 20-25 Kbps. Then I heard from someone that Bsnl Excel sim gives more speed than Bsnl mobile sim. I regretted buying that Bsnl mobile sim. Then I purchased another sim, this time Bsnl Excel white colored 2g sim and recharged it with Rs. 274 pack. When I tried it, I was totally shocked to see the speed which was again 20-30 Kbps this time. I was totally frustrated to spend a lot of money and no result came out of it. I tried everything. I used UMTS setting, 3G tower but all in vain. I searched on the net for increasing the speed but no result. I also saw on one website 'how to get fast speeds on 2G sim'. In that it was written that :

Buy a 2g sim. Keep the balance 50+ and then recharge it with Rs. 274 unlimited pack and use UMTS settings and 3G tower to surf net at high speeds.
    Then I noticed one thing that balance should be 50+ ? or not as at first time when I purchased the sim which was later blocked had a balance of Rs. 15 only and even then it was giving a speed of 100-150 Kbps. Ohh... I am totally confused. Please, help. How to get back that 100-150 Kbps speed on my current Bsnl excel 2g sim?

Also, earlier when I had the excel sim which had been closed(mentioned above), I had installed updates for windows. But, the two sim cards I mentioned later that is BSNL mobile sim and new BSNL excel, these sim cards
    I used after installing fresh copy of Windows XP and after installing XP, I immediately turned off the automatic updates. So, in my current XP, there are
    no updates intalled. Is speed coming slow due to no installed uptates or what?

Hi AshutoshM,

I dont know how come you wre getting a 3g connection speed on your Bsnl excel 2g sim? This must be a mistake and therefore you will need to ask the Bsnl support whether they provide such weird connections at all or not. From my assumption, it seems that there might be a loophole or such which might have been rectified by BSNL. Also, on a 3g plan I would say 100-150 kbps speed is very less, if you compare it with reliance 3g then you will get 400-600 kbps with it for sure. I havent tested the TATA 3g sims, but you should consider getting a reliance gsm sim card and activate the 98 Rs. data plan which will offer you 3gb limited downloads.