Thread: reliance wimax giving 4 times greater speed

reliance wimax giving 4 times greater speed

I’ve acer laptop and I’m using a reliance wimax in my laptop. I’ve taken the connection two months back and i’m getting a 50 kb speed in 512 kbps connection. But now, I’m getting a 200 kb speed in my laptop. It is 4 times greater than the speed which is getting two months back. I’m very happy with this speed, but I want to ask that this speed is temporary or permanent. If it is temporary then tell me some setting from which I can make it permanent. Is there any such setting. please give your suggestion on this, please guide me. your any suggestion will be appreciated.

Re: reliance wimax giving 4 times greater spead

I think your ISP has changed your plan. broadband service always offering some new schemes may be your broadband service has upgraded your speed. This thing is not new, this has happen before in airtel broadband service. Airtel broadband has upgraded their user speed to double. Every user who are using 512 kb has upgraded their speed to 1 mbps and those who are using 1 mbps has upgraded to 2 mbps. But, getting 4 times greater speed is very good, just wait and watch for a few days. Hope you get this permanently.

There is no any setting for making this speed permanent. Making any changes to a ISP is upto your ISP. Your ISP has only rights to change your speed. So, forget about the permanent speed. Enjoy this service till you get it. You can’t complain your ISP if you stop receiving this speed. I think there is something wrong with your router. This problem happen sometimes, but I have never heard this problem in wimax. I know that this thing is common in cable connection internet but for wimax it is a new.

I think you’re getting some other customer speed. May be by mistakenly they identify you as a some other customer which has taken this plan of higher speed. You can’t make any setting for making this speed permanent, only your ISP have this rights. You have no option you can enjoy his speed till you get it and can’t make any official complaint if you stop receiving this speed. I think you’ll get this speed for temporary purpose.

Re: reliance wimax giving 4 times greater speed

Sometimes broadband company gives a double speed plan to existing customer for checking their speed. They upgrade the speed for testing purpose, may be your broadband company is launching some higher speed plan and therefore giving you this speed. You can’t make this speed permanent because you’re getting this speed for testing purpose only. this thing is happen before also, but I’ve not heard about the 4 times higher speed, may be you ISP is launching some greater speed plan in future.