Thread: TRAI has decided to work on Fair Usage Policy

TRAI has decided to work on Fair Usage Policy

Hi guys I am a student currently pursuing my engineering degree. For about a couple of years I have been using various internet broadband connections,, and let me tell you that I have not been satisfied by any of the Internet service providers. Something is really going wrong somewhere. Recently I have heard that the TRAI is now gradually trying to work on a satisfactory usage policy. I want some more feedback as to what TRAI is on to.

Re: TRAI has decided to work on Fair Usage Policy

Yes, finally the TRAI that is the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India who is responsible for the regulation of the telecommunication business in India is taking some considerate steps for better usage policy. People are often not happy with cost of certain broadband connections. The TRAI is working on some issues like the misleading nature of the advertising industry, incorrect billing, tariffs which are very confusing. It is even going to make some changes regarding the recharge facilities in the telecommunication sector.

Even I have to use the internet facility on a daily basis to update my profile and stick to sites for downloads of the recent softwares in the market. I am familiar with some of the internet broadband connections in the telecommunication industry and what I really hate is that these ISP’s fool us in the name of Unlimited usage. I have heard that the TRAI is working on issues regarding Fair Usage Policy in which they are going to work on the restrictions on the usage in case of the unlimited plans. The TRAI is trying to work on issues regarding the mobile tariffs and it may even work on the broadband connections.

I have read in the news about this and lets hope for a better change by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India regarding the Fair Usage Policies. I am from the media industry and the internet is the core source of all my work. I get annoyed when I get those big green bills for no reason at all. I have come to know that now the TRAI is working on the certain aspects of the Internet Service Providers regarding the Fair Usage Policy that in turn will limit the use of the internet in case of unlimited plans. So after a particular chunk on the internet your speed might be decreased as compared to the original plan, or they can even charge you on every mb download as in Reliance.