Thread: High speed unlimited data plan from Airtel in chennai

High speed unlimited data plan from Airtel in chennai

I am going to Chennai and I want to get Airtel Plan for internet. I know that it has good quality but not good in FUP. I need a high speed plan among uncapped download. I do lots of stuff to download. So speed is my primary concern. When I searched in internet I found only 512Kbps speed for unlimited download. I need at least 1MBPS speed. Is there any plan of 1Mbps unlimited download either from Airtel or any other ISP with good quality and fair FUP?

Re: High speed unlimited data plan from Airtel in chennai

As far as I know the Airtel doesn’t provide any unlimited plan more than 512Kbps speed. I don’t know for what reason they have limited this speed. However as far as i gone through all unlimited download plans from airtel does not exceeds more than 512. If you are really looking for a more than 512Kbps speed then I urge you to go for BSNL because they offer more than 2MBPs speed no matter what plan you take.

I think that you might have heard the FUP in all broadband connection. They are specifically applied for download. The Airtel doesn’t provide download speed more than 512Mbps for its unlimited plans due to this policy. In case if the company gives more than 1Mbps speed for heavy users (usually unlimited plans are meant for heavy users) it will usually shortens the bandwidth of other users. Due to this cause other customer will not able to get the required bandwidth they are intended for. This is the main reason why the Airtel doesn’t raise download speed for now.

No matter what unlimited download plan you choose the Airtel only offer either 256Kbps speed or 512 Speed. Other than this you won’t get much speed. Only the business plans have the more speed. For home users in order to obtain 2Mbps speed you will need to get some time limit or usage limit plan. Those plans speed may vary from 2Mbps to 8Mbps. So now the choice is yours. Either stick with the same plan or change it as you needed.

First of all I need to tell you that you can only get the 1Mbps or 2Mbps speed for unlimited plans in BSNL. Other than this I don’t think that there are any other provider exist which offer this amount of speed. So I think you should get the BSNL instead of Airtel. Otherwise you can ask any other ISP regarding you needs. I hope that someone might have been providing the speed what you are seeking for. As for the quality concern I don’t think that you will get any better option other than airtel.