Thread: MTNL broadband Speed upgrade from 256Kbps to 2 Mbps

MTNL broadband Speed upgrade from 256Kbps to 2 Mbps

Hey I have been using the MTNL internet service when they have first started their broadband service. At foremost I was using the 256 Kbps plan. It was good enough for me at that time. Later on assumed that it was not enough for playing HD video files as well as playing online games. So recently switched to MTNL’s another plan which is of 512 Kbps speed. There has been nothing changes until yesterday but after than the speed suddenly drives toward 2 Mbps. I don’t know how this was happened. Does anyone have experienced the same? Is this a normal issue or any technical glitch?

Re: MTNL broadband Speed upgrade from 256Kbps to 2 Mbps

Yeah, I think it seems to me like a technical glitch otherwise you will not able to get that amount of speed. The MTNL usually doesn’t do this kind of fault because if are in any restricted pan then you will lose much data with that speed in a few moments. It could be the server fault. So if you are still getting the more speed than your plan you should contact MTNL customer service center. If it just happened for only several minutes to hours then I think you don’t need to worry about anything for now. If it occurs in future again let them know.

Currently I am also using an MTNL connection however I am receiving the speed like per my pledged plan. I started over the modem once again earlier than examining just to be certain. So just restart your modem for making sure that there is nothing wrong. Also contact the nearest MTNL center to make sure that they haven’t changed the plan by mistake or without your concern. If this was actually happened then you might gonna need to pay more than your current plan.

As far as I know the BSNL and MTNL together started the 3G service first in India. like the 3G requirement the company as upgrade each and everyone components along with the cables to get the full access of 3G speed. So they might have inserted fiber optics cables in your area and due to this cause you might have experienced slight more speed while switching over the connection. I think that all MTNL customers or users might have experienced the same in your area.

I think that you haven’t got any details about the recent telecom seminar. That seminar has discussed about the low internet speed in India. Someone told in that seminar that other developed countries getting 20Mbps speed in broadband while the india is still stuck in 256KBPS. And the telecom chairman has announced that to offer atleast 2Mbps speed as mandatory. I think that due to this purpose you are getting more speed.