Thread: MTNL Broadband: Getting 2mbps speed on a 512kbps line

MTNL Broadband: Getting 2mbps speed on a 512kbps line

Well whatever you have read above its quite true. I have a unlimited download 512kbps line connected to my dsl router. Well let me tell you that from the past two days I am getting the 4mbps speed in the 512 kbps line. I have done the various speed test done and I got to know that the download speed was actually touching 1.7 Mbps. I was quite amazed and you will not believe it that it is happening from the past two days. Well I m downloading all the series of my favorite movies and I am just enjoying the experience. So anyone else who have got such speed in their line then do let me know or share your experience with me.

Re: MTNL Broadband: Getting 2mbps speed on a 512kbps line

This is something weird stuff done by the mtnl people. I hope you are from delhi because I have never heard about such cases in Mumbai. I think it must be a big mistake that the mtnl people have committed and they must be looking at the matter accordingly. It’s a gala time for you. So do make use of all the opportunity that is given to you. I hope that this is not a part of a new plan by the mtnl as they cannot afford to give such speeds at such rates.

Have you checked the speed test properly. I would advice you to have a check with the bandwidth monitor that you have. The bandwidth monitor that you are having will specify you the exact download speed and also the upload speed. Also notice that you are not checking the speed when you have enabled the all connections. All connections means the speed from the system to the router and from the router to the mtnl server. You will have to select any one of them. So do mention the speeds which are specified in the bandwidth monitor.

I am hearing a lot of people who are claiming to get a 2mbps speed in the 512 kbps line. I think this is totally untrue. While some people also have claimed that they have got the plan of unlimited download of 2Mbps speed. I think that is totally untrue. Mtnl have not launched any such plans so it is highly unfair to say such things. According to your case I would suggest you to have a proper speed test done of the internet connection that you are having. Since this is a very unusual case and also if this is true then you might be back to your original plan in some days.