Thread: MTNL Broadband website is not showing proper total usage section

MTNL Broadband website is not showing proper total usage section

I have a mtnl broadband and I have 3 accounts for my broad band. Well I have three connections at different places and use all the three connections as per my wish. Whenever I check the data usage sections of the mtnl website there I feel the data are not added properly. The reason I am saying this is because few days ago when i was checking the data usage of one of my connections there they have mentioned the download usage as well as the upload usage. They had charged me only for the downloadable data and not for the uploaded data. Where as when I had a look of the other account usage there they have displayed some different data usage. The data usage was more and I had no clue about it. I have no idea how is this happening? Your views on this.

Re: MTNL Broadband website is not showing proper total usage section

Well let me clarify you that the mtnl does not charges anything for the data uploads but it charges for the data usage and the downloads. So do have this confusion cleared out first. Secondly talking about the exceeding data usage shown In the current month details then there might be a possibility that you must have used it accordingly and you did not have any knowledge about this. Still if you feel that the data usage shown is not appropriate then I would advise you to have a talk with the mtnl people and report a complain about this matter. This will surely help.

There are different plans available now for users. It is best to stick to the unlimited plans for the broadband and you will don’t have to worry about the data usage. In the limited plans if you cross certain limits of the data usage then they will charge you accordingly for that so you will have to keep a notice about this. It also depends upon the speed that you are using if you your surfing speed is quite high then you will not be aware how fast your data utilization will take place. So you will have to keep a note of this. I hope this suggestion will help you.

I also agree with the above user. Well you have to see that there are different plans that are introduced by the mtnl. Some are time based plans while some are data based plans. Time based plans are that the data usage is free from one particular time to another and after a certain time limit has been expired mtnl will charge you for that data usage. So In case you do not know about the data usage plans then let me tell you that after a certain data usage mtnl will charge you accordingly and that data limit depends upon the plan that you have subscribed. Some are having 500MB free data usage while some have till 2GB. Unless you are not aware of the plans you cannot do anything about it.