Thread: MTNL Delhi: Download speed pathetic

MTNL Delhi: Download speed pathetic

I am one of the member from DELHI and I really feel sorry for the Download speed that I am getting on the Broadband connection that I am having here. I have seen that MTNL Delhi is just not capable of giving the download speed that they are promising. I have the 512kbps UL plan and let me tell you that everything was working fine with the Connection and the speed but now I have seen that the Download speed has reduced to a bit. Can you all please let me know what can be the reason for this? I have also seen the issues with the connection and sometime I have seen that the router was not getting recognized by the system. Please let me know if this all can be the reason for the decrease in the download speed.

Re: MTNL Delhi: Download speed pathetic

Let me tell you that if you are in Delhi or if you are in Mumbai the one common thing that you will see if you are using MTNL that issue with the Download. IN my opinion it is the long back issue of the MTNL. I am also the customer of the MTNL Mumbai and let me tell you that the same scenario was repeated with me as well. I also enjoyed the 495 Combo Unlimited plan and that too very nicely for one month but after that I have seen that the issue has started to come up here. Well I think that it will be graft I you can just make a call and see what the tech support will assist you with.

I think that the issue that you are having may be because of the excessive usage of the data downloaded. I have seen that even though you have the Download speed of 512kbps and you have the Unlimited plan for you; but then also there is a limit set on the amount of download that you can make on your plan. Well it seems to me that you have crossed that limit and hence you are getting the issue. Please see if you can find any change in the upload as well. Also in addition to this see if you can browse and can stream the online videos like the videos on the YouTube easily. Hope that you are not seeing any issue with all this things there. I think that you will have to ask thoroughly about the plan from the tech support.

Well the issues like getting the internet connection disconnected and as such can be the issue for the low download and hence it will be really nice if you can just have a look at that. See if you can find any loophole in the connection there. Let me know about the same. On the whole if you want you can see if there is some issue with the router as well. I think that it will be great if you can just reset the router and then reconfigure it to see if the issue can be solved after this. For resetting the Router you will be required to press the RESET button that is there on the router and then you will be required to reconfigure it there. See if this can really help you. Sometime this can act as a remedy to the issues like this.

If you ask me I think that the issue that you are having here is because of the drivers. Please if you are using Windows 7 and that to 64 bit then see if you can install the drivers for the same accordingly. You can get the drivers from the official site of the ROUTER. Well it seems to me that this can be the reason for the disconnection of the Router. Do this once and then let me know if what I have said really goes in your favor there. The drivers that you are using might not be working in the proper manner with this new 64 bit program and in addition to this it might have happened that it must have installed some sort of update that might be causing you the issue. Make a check on this and then install the drivers in the clean fashion.

Please make a check on the LAN cable or the USB cable that you are using there. Sometime that can cause you the issues like this. IN addition to this also see if you can make a PING with the ROUTER. Press the Windows key and the R key and then write CMD in the RUN windows after this you will be required to write ping and the default IP of the router. I think that it is 192.168.1.1. If it does not ping then you will be required to make a check for the LAN port there. Finally if all the things are fine then I think that contacting the TECH SUPPORT might really help you.