Thread: Authentication failure in MTNL broadband

Authentication failure in MTNL broadband

Friends, I am having the MTNL broadband connection in my computer. It was working fine from when I got the connection but from last two days I am facing problem with the internet connection. Whenever I try to access any site then instead of showing me that page it shows me the message that says “Authentication failure”. I have booted the system many times but all the times it is showing me the same thing. I am not able to resolve this problem. Can you tell me what is the problem with this and also the way by which this issue can be solved? I tried all the things that I know to solve the problem but all that are just waste of time.

Re: Authentication failure in MTNL broadband

I think that you do not have the administrative rights and that is why it is showing you the messages like this. To confirm that you should login as the administrator or you can ask your administrator to provide you the administrative rights. After that again try to access the internet and if that is because of the improper access to the internet then this time you will not show you any such problem. I hope that this will solve the problem for you.

There may be a number of troubles within the router which you are using to connect to the internet. So look for the settings intended for your router. Make sure if there are some settings which is related to authentication. If there is some then modify that settings for that reason and observe if that can resolve the trouble for you. If you are not capable to obtain such settings then you can attempt to re-configure the router and rearrange the entire settings intended for that. If this is because of poorly configured router then this will resolve the trouble which you are facing and you will not get any such message again.

The best way to get the answer for your question is to contact the customer care for MTNL. This problem can be from their side and If that is from that server side then they will tell you the exact reason for this and also the way by which you will be able to get out of the problem. This should be done before trying anything else from your side. I mean that this should be your first step to resolve this problem.

I was also having the somewhat similar problem last month. And the modem congested working. The line was deceased. To solve this I got the line fixed but the modem still won’t work. I obtained the center produce a fresh password. I used that but still with the same result. I contacted the customer care and they told to stay trying and they would corroborate the fresh password within backend. it get accepted after few time. I think that they are consolidating the settings for password. If a modem propels fresh information then they need manual confirmation to permit the new password to function on that line.