Thread: How to reset Airtel Fair Usage Policy

How to reset Airtel Fair Usage Policy

I have been caught with the very issue for the first time as I have crossed the data usage policy for the first time. Usually I hardly used to download anything and hence I guess that I was never caught with this type of issue. The thing is that I went for downloading a 2 GB of data and when I was going for the same I saw the message that was saying that I have the Fair Usage of 80 percent left. I really did no go after this message. I went for the download and after that I saw that the download speed and the browsing speed that I was having here had dropped so low that I was not at all allowed to see my mail as well. I thought that it was the issue because of the Fair usage policy but after the month crossed and I paid the bill yet I am not able to see the things getting improved. I am at the very same old slow speed. Can you all please tell me how I can get the Airtel Fair Usage Policy reset?

Re: How to reset Airtel Fair Usage Policy

Well the only way by which you can have the fair usage policy to be reset is; by making the contact to the Customer Service and I really think that you will be benefitted with this one you are there. Hope that you will like the suggestions. This is the only way by which you can have the issue solved. Also if there could have been any issue with the download speed because of some of the fault in the router then I would have tried to share the solution but in reality there is really hardly anything with which I can help you. Make the call and then see if you can have the download speed getting back to the normal.

I am also of the same opinion. If there could have been some issue in the modem or the router or if there could have been any issue because of the software or anything then I would have also tried to help you. Here you have mentioned that you crossed the Data Usage and hence you are getting the issue then in order to get out of it the only think that you can do is; contacting the service center. Now it totally depends on the ISP of yours in how much time they will solve the issue. In case of Airtel however I have seen that the issues are rectified in no time. Hope the same for you.

Really if there is anything that you can do in my case. I have the drivers and the cable all installed in my system; but then also I have seen that the issue persists in my case. I really want to get access to the internet. I have just made the installation of the Operating System and I have Windows XP here. I have set all the things for the Modem but yet I cannot find it working in my case. I have seen that in the LAN connection it say that the Local Area is Connected but then also I cannot just see the browser opening the required page for me.

Well in your case it seems that you will be required to ping the IP address of the Modem. Also in addition to this please see that you just make a revision on the configuration of the modem as it seems to me that you might have missed on something and hence you are getting the issue. Just make the necessary changes and then see if that can help you a bit. You can also try to make a call to the ISP and seek the help from their side. Also check for the lights in the Modem and see if they are glowing in the proper manner.

Making the ping is really a good idea to go with. IN reality if all the things are set fine but then also you are having the trouble with the router then only think that I would like you to do is try to open the home page of the modem using the browser. I think that the default url is 192.168.1.1. Clear the history of the browser and then please move forward with the things here. After this if the home page opens then make the necessary settings but if it does not then it will be better if you can just have a check on the LAN port that is there on your system. In my case the onboard LAN port was dead and hence I had to bring in the external LAN card. I think that this can be the issue in your case. Just have a check on this and let me know if I was correct.