Thread: BSNL MMX300G 3G Usb Modem

BSNL MMX300G 3G Usb Modem

Frankly speaking I am bad net surfer. I am just crazy about downloading new games and software to keep myself up to date. Last week I took new BSNL MMX300G 3G USB Modem. My friends told me that it will provide speed around 100kbps. He is also using the same modem. And now when purchase it. My internet speed unable to cross 12 kbps speeds. I really don’t know reason behind this problem. It took lot of time to downloading. Can you help me to sort out this problem? There are number of games available in market and I am unable to download them due to this reason. I forget to tell you about my operating system I am using windows xp service pack 3.

Re: BSNL MMX300G 3G Usb Modem

Instead of directly jump to advance option I suggest you to go step by step to solve your problem. First confirm about your plane that you purchase from your provider. It might be possible that they are providing you completely different plan instead of requested by you. And because of this reason you are getting to low download speed. If you sure about your plane and still you are unable get the desired speed then I suggest you to check speed by using another modem. As you told me that your friend also has the same modem. Check your systems download speed using his modem. If both of them are same there must be another problem associated with your system.

I am not the BSNL broad band customer but I have Micromax 3G Data Card Modem. It normally gives me the download speed just around 104 Kbps. But sometimes it takes me around 10 mbps. I am not pretty much sure about this, but it might be the same issue in your case. I advise you to check the download speed at different time. At the same time if possible try to check the speed with your friends modem and check the difference. If they are showing the same result, try to experience the download speed by keeping your system in another place. I know this solution is not practical one but for sack of surety try to perform this one.

Try to note down the download speed using another modem. You can also use your mobile phone which has modem facility. Admire the speed provided by him if it gives the higher value compared to previous one, than this problem is related to your modem only. You can replace it from your provider y simply making call to them. If your mobile phone modem also provides you the same download speed than it might be a problem in your USB port. Try to use another port if available and the same scenario again. Hope it will solve your problems regarding download speed. If you still unconvinced. You can go with another option by testing another broad band service in same environment.

Oh! There is trick available for xp users. To solve this problem you just need to follow steps given below:-

• Click on My computer
    • Go to Control Panel
    • Go to System
    • Click on Hardware
    • Select Device Manager
    • Enlarge Modems section
    • Choose the 3G USB Modem installed
    • Right Click on it. And select Properties
    • Select Modem Tab
    • Write down the Port Number following
    • Now enlarge Ports (Com & LPT) section
    • Go to Properties of Communications Port
    • Select Port Settings tab
    • Choose Bits per second
    • Raise it to the uppermost possible value (128000 in my case).
    • Close all Dialog Boxes

I hope you will now able to get the desired download speed.