Thread: Unable to shift MTNL broadband to bridged mode in D-Link DSL-2640u

Unable to shift MTNL broadband to bridged mode in D-Link DSL-2640u

I am using the MTNL broadband services from last few months and it seems to me that I am not able to move the same to the bridged mode. I have tried the same thing for last few attempts and it haven let me to do the same. I don’t know why I am not able to do and what is wrong with the modem that I am using actually here I am using the D-Link DSL-2640u modem. Have anyone ever faced any issue while changing the mode. If yes then please let me know how I can solve the same.

re: Unable to shift MTNL broadband to bridged mode in D-Link DSL-2640u

The first thing that I would like to tell you here is that just see whether the modem that you are using is functioning well or not and if you found anything fishy then you have to immediately change the modem and see whether any trouble shooting that you can do to make it work properly. As said by you that you are using the D-Link DSL-2640u modem then I will suggest you to report a complaint to the D-Link customer support and then let them know the problem that you are facing. I hope that they will cooperate with you and also will help you to solve the issue.

Well if this is the case then you have to go through the below mentioned steps:
    • First of all open the router page
    • Then it will show you the setup wizard and will also have the RUN option just click on it.
    • Now you have to select the WLAN tab and in that select the WLAN settings
    • Beside the WLAN settings you will find the list box so just select the bridged mode from the list
    • After that you have to select the DHCP tab and then you have to set the DHCP setting to “NO DHCP” and click on the button called save and reboot.
    • Clicking on the same will restart the system and then after that you will get the services that you want.

I am also having the similar kind of problem where I am not able to have the wifi connection working properly on my laptop. Actually I am using the Linksys WRT54G WiFi router and through that I am trying to have an access on my laptop but somehow I am not able to get the proper connection. I don’t know why this is happening and can’t figure out how I can solve the same. Please help me out of this case..

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that you are getting this error due to the router that you are using it may happen that the connection through router is protected with the help of some password and if these are not confirmed though wifi then you will not able to establish the connection between them. And at last if nothing is working for you then check out whether the appropriate drivers are installed on your system