Thread: Setting up web server on windows with Airtel Broadband

Setting up web server on windows with Airtel Broadband

I have attempted to set the server by means of Apache as well as IIS 7. I am capable of accessing my website from the localhost as well as from LAN IP Address. This is also accessible even from additional devices that are connected to my WiFi but not through my WAN IP Address. I have already attempted it on extra computers that are not associated with my network but that was also useless. Also I have completed port forwarding going on port '80' as well as port '8080'. This is because there is possibility that the port 80 is blocked. I wish some help from you people.

Re: Setting up web server on windows with Airtel Broadband

You can try one thing that try to enable the DMZ. This will be there on the LAN IP Address. I am saying this because I was also facing the somewhat similar problem and doing so solved my problem. I hope that this will do the same for you. Check that if you have the DDNS option within your router. If that is there then you should also check under the Advance option.

I would like to inform you that Port 80 is used for router intended for its web admin interface. So the additional alternative is to setup the server on top of the port 8080 as well as promote the same on setup page for Virtual Servers. You can make an effort for setting the exterior port the same as 8080 and interior like 80 otherwise vice versa. Check if that helps you. Configure DynDNS beneath Advanced Setup > DNS. Try to forward the port 80 primary by selecting web server as of the dropdown menu. If it cannot solve the problem then you try with 8080.

If you are trying to run the a server on the home computer then I would like to tell you that it is dangerous undertaking, and earlier than you begin, confirm that your computer have the entire newest patches as well as security updates, and that you have completed a careful spyware as well as virus scan. This is for superior users who experience contented editing textual configuration files as well as revealing port 80 on top of their home computer toward the internet. As forever, a tough firewall through open user-set rules is suggested.