Thread: MTNL Broadband disconnect after six hours

MTNL Broadband disconnect after six hours

I don’t know where the problem in MTNL BroadBand is. Well I am having MU premium account. Well I don’t know why but automatically MTNL BroadBand disconnects for six hours. The download manger which I was using for downloading didn’t resume once it is disconnected. I am hope you will suggest me possible solution as soon as possible. Your response will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: MTNL Broadband disconnect after six hours

Well I think it’s great that MTNL is providing stable connection for 6 hours. I think MTNL is a working manner where reconnection is the only possible solution to keep continues the use of Web. So there is nothing that you can apply in this particular situation. Well as far as resuming of download is concerned it usually dependent on the server which host the content on it. It also depends on download manager which you are using. Well if you are wanted to resume downloads from the file sharing websites then must have paid account on that particular website. Hence go through over the quick checks and see if any of above is applied or not.

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned in the previous post. I have done lots of researched and I have founded that I have selected ‘obtain DNS servers automatically’. So I am suggesting you that you should check whether you have manually added the DNS server. You should try with by changing DNS server and IP address and see it works or not. Let me know whether it was working or not so that other users can learn from your experience. Wish you all the best.

Well looking at your situation I think following mentioned things might be the root cause of the problem. I think broadband was disconnecting after 6 hours since the IP address which is assigned to you by DHCP server which is renewed at every six hours which results into disconnection of the broadband. Hence I am suggesting you that you should download large file by using P2P with download manager. Make sure that resume link is provided in the website while you do downloading on that particular web site.

You can make thing working by using Static IP in this particular situation. Well for your information Static IP is an IP address which is provided by your Internet Service Provider and this IP address remains permanent address on the internet. Well Static IP will help you in this situation since it supports resume and pause downloading for few seconds even it is not provided by the corresponding server fro where you are downloading.