Thread: MTNL reduced upload speed from 1mbps to 512kbps

MTNL reduced upload speed from 1mbps to 512kbps

I really do not know what is the issue with the MTNL Broadband connection that I am having here on my system? I have seriously experienced an issue with the upload speed. I have the TriB Combo Unlimited 512kbps plan and I have seen that the upload speed was increased to 1mbps a few months ago. Please if anyone has this plan and has experienced the same issue as of mine then please let me know about the same. With the plan that I am having here; I used to have the upload speed of 1mpbs but I have seen that the upload speed has reduced to 512kbps. I have not seen any issue with the download speed; it is same as the 1mbps. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do so as to improve the scenario of mine here. If anyone is having this plan and is experiencing the same issue then I think that they might have changed the plan but when did they made the change.

Re: MTNL reduced upload speed from 1mbps to 512kbps

Well first of all please let me know what are you using for checking the download and the upload speed. I would like you to see for the sppedtest.net site and see for the speed of the internet connection there and see what are the results that you get there? Well it seems to me that you are making use of the Torrents or something like that and after seeing the thing there you have just come up with the query. Whatever may be the case, just do the things that I have said and see if what I have said really help you with the things there? Regarding the plan getting changed then for that I think you will have to continuously monitor their site and in addition to this read the updates properly with which they all come up.

If you are thinking that there is something wrong with the connection then let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can just make a contact and ask the tech support to help you out. I have not seen yet any of the customer complaining about this and hence I am of the opinion that you are mistaking for something else. Please make a call to the service center and see if they can come up with some sort of solution in your case there. If there is some flaw in the Plan then there is really nothing that we can do here by just sitting. It will be simply great if you can ask for their help. Also in addition to this also see if you can observe some of the changes with the Download speed as well. Please let me get notified about the same.

If you are making use of the Torrents and after seeing this in the window of the Torrents you have come up here; then let, me tell you that it will be simply great if you can see for some other site for monitoring the site. In addition to this also it will be great if you can use the latest Torrents that is available on the Internet. It will be really better if you can make use of latest things so that you cannot complaint that the issue was because the latest or the updated version of the software was not used. Give this a hit. Also in addition to this see for the upstream speed that is there on the Router. See if it is showing you there 512kbps or even less than that. Make a check on this and then let me know about the same.

I think that the only thing that might be causing you the issue can be the Firewall . Well if all the other things are working fine then I am of the opinion that this can be the only issue that may be causing you the issue, IN order to have a quick look at this if you want you can run the browser and at that time see that you disable the Firewall there. Then after doing this see if you can see the upload speed and the download speed same as per the plan that you are having for you there. Hope that you will follow the suggestion. If this is the core reason of the issue then see if you can make the necessary changes in the settings of the Firewall and hope that all the things will go in a well mannered way. Let me get notified about the same.

Speaking frankly; if the issue is from their side then really cannot help. IN addition to this if you want to make sure that the issue is not from your side then let me tell you that you will be able to have the solution if you can just reset the router. You can see the Reset button on the Router and then after this you can press it and then reconfigure it and then you can make a check on the speed again. I had the issue with the connection and then in order to get rid of the same; I contacted the MTNL Customer Service and they really did the necessary changes for me. Now I do not have any issue with this. IN addition to this if you want to make an enquiry about the Broadband Plan then it is always better that you get the information from them.