Thread: Getting 3g issue after upgrading from 3.2.2 to 4.2.1

Getting 3g issue after upgrading from 3.2.2 to 4.2.1

After upgrading from 3.2.2 to 4.2.1 I have just lost my 3g connectivity. But in this Wifi is working very well, but no 3g - I obtain a message state that the cellular connection is not able to activated. I have attempted a number of hints which including rebooting, resetting network setting, altering apn name, altering apn through unlockit.co.nz, and not anything is functioning.So recently I am in australias so that is why I am using the an australian virgin data plan (post paid), and have attempted to set the apn to 'virgin internet'. Any assist would be valued - without 3g this ipad is essentially hopeless.

Re: Getting 3g issue after upgrading from 3.2.2 to 4.2.1

I have the issue with my 3g but on my Nexus cell phone. It is not ideal but there is quite a bit similar to — adequate that I have not motorized up my iPhone 3GS in almost 10 days. But one of the main irritations is the sporadic 3G matter that many folks are facing. At my home office, I am on the tassel of T-Mobile’s 3G coverage area. Yet, when I check the accurate same SIM card here in the old G1 handset, I obtain full 3G speeds, through the Nexus One, I am recently getting lowly EDGE service, even though I have the similar four bars and signal strength. Obviously, there is a software matter that is causing the Nexus One to not “see” the 3G network. Actually I do not have much more idea regarding this so if you guys have any suggestion then please share it.

When I was using the Nexus at that time I was also going through the same issue. I immediately did a number of quick poking around on the handset and completed one very little manual alteration. Guess what — I at the present have full 3G speeds on my Nexus! But regarding this I totally do not have any idea that whether this will work in your case or not. So if you want then you can refer what I have done in order to fix my issue. In “Settings,” I went to “Wireless & networks.” seem for the “Mobile Networks” choice at the base of this listing. And after that screen has a “Network Operators” segment — tap it. Your Nexus One will look for for well-matched GSM networks in the area. Once it’s complete, you will observe the options, which will consist of T-Mobile and/or AT&T. You will also observe an option to choose automatically — tap it and your phone should say “Registered on network.” That’s it. That’s all I did and I straight away saw the phone bound from EDGE to T-Mobile’s fast 3G network.

If you purchase an iPad 3G then you acquainted with how suitable it can be to make use of the 3G service immediately about anyplace you go. On the other hand, there might be a time when the iPad’s 3G does not function and it is not for the reason that there is no service. It is for the reason that you either upgraded to iOS 4.2 or you are facing a separate matter. Here is how you are able to troubleshoot and solve a 3G service which gone bad. Because regarding this you will get more idea on the tcgeeks website. So just go there and solve the issue which you are facing regarding this.

With each the huge things iOS 4.2 purchased us, it also delivers a small number of new surprises. Namely a number of bugs. Over on the Apple forums there were reports of people those having 3G subject after upgrading to iOS 4.2. But I have also seen these on 3.2 as well so if you have not up till now upgraded then I can help you. In the case of the the iOS 4.2 upgrade and the 3G matters, it appears that the major reason is a error where the iPad does not right away identify the SIM card. So just tell me what kind of error you are getting so that I can help you.

I am just telling you here the symptoms for this kind of issue. If you are getting these kind of issue so you have 3g issue on your ipad:
    1. Network status pointer (upper left corner) prompts “No Service” in place of “AT&T 3G”. Wi-Fi works normally.
    2. No “View Account” push button on Cellular Data screen in Settings
    3. beneath “About”, Carrier and Cellular Data Number showed as “Unknown” or “Unavailable”
    4. Reduced connectivity and weaker signal