Thread: Tata Indicom Mobile Query

Tata Indicom Mobile Query

I once used tata indicom Service. I have not used this number for more than one year and now this number does not seem to be working. How ever, i have the mobile in good condition and plan to use it. I want you to please let me know if i can take new connection of TataIndicom Prepaid sevice on the mobile that i already have. The very reason of inquiring is that the mobile model is Samsung SCH-N500 and this model does not have any Sim card. Please reply.

Thank you,

Re: Tata Indicom Mobile Query

Hello Firoz,

I think you can get that number unless until that no is not been assigned to some one else. You can directly contact the customer care and ask them abt the same.
    Empty Mind is a Worshop of Devil

Thank You for the Reply.

I called the Old Number and it said that the number does not exist. All i care is whether or not they can can give connection to SIM-Less mobile phones. My local tata indicom care at my place is so rude in responding and i dont want to experience the rudeness once again. so i wanted to know this before i actually go there. Thank you

Are you saying that previously your mobile phone came up with an already tata indicom Service and its sim card because if thats the case then you will have to unlock your mobile phone and this way you would be able to use any independant sim card on this Samsung SCH-N500 model mobile phone. You can go to any mobile repair shop and ask them to unlock the mobile phone, normally they will charge some money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ApplePowerPc View Post
    Are you saying that previously your mobile phone came up with an already tata indicom Service and its sim card because if thats the case then you will have to unlock your mobile phone and this way you would be able to use any independant sim card on this Samsung SCH-N500 model mobile phone. You can go to any mobile repair shop and ask them to unlock the mobile phone, normally they will charge some money for it.
    No i'm saying that the MOBILE HAS NO SIM CARD. i mean there is no option to insert SIM. the early CDMA mobiles came without SIM cards

ThumbsUp Re: Tata Indicom Mobile Query

Quote Originally Posted by firoz3321 View Post
    No i'm saying that the MOBILE HAS NO SIM CARD. i mean there is no option to insert SIM. the early CDMA mobiles came without SIM cards
    Dear Mr.Firoz

Greetings from Tata Indicom!

We would like to inform that you can opt for new connection on the said device, for which you need to visit Tata Indicom outlet and apply for a new connection.

Should you require any further assistance please mail us at Customer.care@tatatel.co.in.

Thanks and Regards
    Customer Care
    Tata Indicom.

Thank You For the Reply hope to get a connection soon. Thank you

Ah i hate the Tata Indicom Service.

As i earlier mentioned i jst hate the way they treat the customers.

Yesterday i went to the Main Branch here and enquired about the connection, They said they are not sure about the possibility and would try for it. so they Tried and it was succesful. i felt Lucky hearing that i got a connection to my old mobile (new Number though ).

Guess what, all the GSM sim here are almost FREE os cost a mere 10/- rupees.

But the Indicom Connection costed me 270/-
    But i needed the Connection so i paid and returned home happy with my new connection.

And from today morning I can neither make calls nor get any incoming calls to the Number. When i call this number it says "Its out of Coverage area" And when i try to make calls its says "FAILED".
    Frustrated with it, I went to the sub-branch near to my home, and after describing the situation for 10 mins (they dont even understand) they asked me to go to the main branch.

So i went to main branch. They said they are busy now and asked me to leave the mobile there and come back in the evening till they try to rectify the problem.

I just dont get it. 270/- for a stupid connection that even doesnt work. And the so called "CARE" is so "UNCARING".

I just now returned from the TATA indicom.
    I'm really Frustrated.

It took 10 mins to get a chance to talk to them. (No there were not a big queue of customers, they were busy with their own conversations) Finally one person asked me whats my problem. It seems they didnt rectify the problem. He said that he sent some SMS and will get to it tomorrow. This time he took my contact number on a small sheet of paper and didnt even ask my name.

Now i wonder, Is there no way to get a product properly from TATA INDICOM ? Why dont they care for the customers when they are paid for the same ? They are behaving like they are KINGS and as if we are their slaves (not a good comparison though)

This is really ridiculous !

Some body please reply me.
    Its still not working

The Tata indicom member said to dial *228 today.
    I dialed *228 and its saying that my mobile is blocked.

I called customer care from my Dad's mobile they said ther is no complaint with sim. And i need to service my mobile. My mobile worked perfect the first day. Now what do i do ?

atleast some one please tell me way to reset the software. This is a Samsung Neo mobile came with Tata Connection. there is no way for it to be blocked

Tata indicom people dont help me. and here too no one helping. Please