Thread: Modem sterlite 300 AX Drivers for windows 7

Modem sterlite 300 AX Drivers for windows 7

I am using dell laptop and I am using Windows 7 from last one and two years. Earlier I had installed Vista in my laptop. Now I wanted to install drivers for my Modem Sterlite 300 AX to use the MTNL internet connection, but I am not able to install it. Can this is my Windows 7 problem OR anything wlse. I am not able to solve my problem. So can anyone please help me to fix this problem? Thank you in the advance.

Re: Modem sterlite 300 AX Drivers for windows 7

To get through this you just have to perform the following simple task:
    • First you have to connect your PC, to the LAN port of the modem after that you just have to check that it is working OR not.
    • Also try to use USB port if you have in your modem and then try it while using the cable for a desktop.
    • If your modem has WIFI no need for a cable. In the modem enable DHCP. You just have to go to the TCP/IP properties then have to just select Obtain IP address automatically.
    • If still you have some problem then you just have to click on the “START” button then you just have to click on “RUN” button. This will get open one popup menu In this you just have to type “cmd”. After that this will open the command prompt. In the command prompt you just have to type “ipconfig /all” and then hit enter button.
    • This wills prompt some email list on the screen. You just have to delete your all email address to avoid spam.

I think this will help you to fix your problem.

Most users after migrating to Windows 7 face compatibility problems. This is however not a new problem and arises every time a user upgrades to newer operating system. One of the most common reasons behind this that, they are not able to find the drivers of their modem. First let me remind you that Windows 7 is actually Windows Vista, but it is updated version of Windows 7 and also it is a greatly improved and refurbished version. If you are having trouble installing a modem driver in Windows 7 the best and the quick way is to run it in Windows Vista compatibility mode. Of you are still not able to fix it then you just have to contact to your service provider then. I hope they will fix your problem.

I just want to give you the advise that, you just have to download the Modem driver from the authorizes site. If you don't find the driver on the website then I think you need to collect the driver for your modem from the place where you have bought the modem. Also you have to just contact your service provider. Just contact them and ask for the driver and I am sure they will provide you without any problem. Also you can visit their place and from there you can get the driver and ask them to provide the latest and the updated firewall for your computer that runs on windows 7. Follow the all above mention steps then I am sure you will fix you problem. Thank you.

Thanks "AdityaR" ,"AbhayD" and "Suprakash" for your rapid and precious advice. I have try all the method that you al mention above. I also have installed the latest divers for my modem. But I am still not able to use my modem. So can anyone have any solution then please help me. Thank you again.