Thread: Does Thomson Speedtouch 585 support for wii and nintendo ds

Does Thomson Speedtouch 585 support for wii and nintendo ds

I am having a doubt regarding the Thomson Speedtouch 585 as this device has any support for the WiFi & Nintendo ds or not. Actually I am planning to buy this device but I would like to know above things about it before which I cannot buy it. If it is not gonna support my console then I won't be buying it just for having problem while playing the game from the same. Please guys, let me know that where can I use Thomson Speedtouch 585 and what kind of support it has.

Re: Does Thomson Speedtouch 585 support for wii and nintendo ds

I'm using this device with the Windows XP operating system since one year and am glad it is so stable. I usually surf on the W-LAN function. If I want to download more things for which I connect a cable. Then it all goes much faster. So for larger amounts of data is to download via Wi-Fi which is too slow. Installation is fairly simple. When you install it were some issues, but they were not on the device but on my notebook. As described I have neither the software nor the use of Thomson by Alice. PPPoE over all this was much easier for me. I can only mention thus no experience using the software. But the guide is illustrated very well so we all understand very well if you want to use the software.

The device runs absolutely stable. In the 2.5 years of use I had to disable it very rarely. I think that's just great. Just as it is supposed to be. I want to make it work and I do not having trouble with any connection problems. So far there were no really big problems and I could always access the Internet. Too bad! I think that there is a manual only on CD (PDF format). It is certainly an advantage for the environment, but I would rather have had about as users in the hand. That reads to me rather than have to always easier to look at the screen. Some manufacturers claim was settled for equipment for a wall using a template. I would have liked to apply here but bad luck, It is not there. The design is not conspicuous in the living area. In general, it is a great thing when you can have wireless Internet connection with no annoying specks or pitfalls lying around somewhere. One is not bound and I can also do without problems from the other room to surf the net. In addition, you can connect other computers to the router.

I find the device very good and I cannot understand why so many users had problems with this thing. It is shocking to know that many forums dealing with problems of SpeedTouch 585i v6. I hope I can continue surfing without stress and awarded 4 out of 5 stars for this device. I give a recommendation to buy such a devices. But still you should make sure first that it is gonna work in the same way with you as well or not. You should get some reviews of the dealer from where you are planning to buy it.

The Speed Touch 585iv6 is a wireless router with integrated ADSL2 + modem, which the Broadcom BCM6348 chipset same powerful based on how they described the Speedtouch 516i. The router is a 4-port switch for connecting multiple clients an integrated, also can be integrated over the 54 Mbps gross fast WLAN interface (802.11b) wireless clients to connect even further. Since I lack the functionality of wireless devices (yet) could not check, I will not go into this feature. Users who already have a Speed Touch 585i tell her own name but on good throughput on the wireless LAN ( click ). The functionality of the firmware is correspondingly even more extensive than in this respect the already very well-equipped 516i, although here too many details of the configuration only through the very powerful command-line commands (CLI) can be adjusted via Telnet.

Also it contains the power supply (18V / 1A, which was slightly stronger than the 15V / 1A power supply of the 516i), an installation CD, a patch cable, a longer RJ11 to RJ45 cable for connection to the splitter, and screws with matching plugs for attached to the wall. As already mentioned, it is in the test device at the brand new "v6" version of the Speed Touch 585i. The new 'v6' version is said to be from the performance and functionality not the older version is different from v5. The V6 versions are for reasons of cost single chip design held by the firmware and chipset are identical.

As you can synchronize the modem is indeed in the correct mode for ADSL2 + (G.992.5 Annex B), however, Interleaved "message, and not" in "Channel mode" "fast" as it should be correctly (for comparison, the data the Speed Touch 516i. On performance that seemed to be expected, though not, I was in router mode with active firewall and IDS, monitoring the Web browser after I had turned off (so) the full speed of 1930 Kbyte / s downstream. However, I noticed that in traceroute (not direct ping) every now and again gave strong Ping response, which also did not disappear, when I Telnet to the firewall and IDS completely. Only in bridge mode (modem only mode), in which I have the PPPoE session on the Windows driver produced PPPOE, Ping were not observed above everything. To bridge mode should also be mentioned that those in the new 5.4.4.1 firmware is no longer on the web interface can set, but this necessarily requires the installation CD. This should be the assistant to "Region" is not "Germany / Switzerland" select, but "all". Only then can the router in bridge mode to enable, and use it as a pure modem.