Thread: 3G Technology FAQs

3G Technology FAQs

Hello friends,

I wanted to clear some doubts about the 3G Technology, here is the list of question were i require some information.

What is 3g technology?
    Differenece between 3G broadband and wifi ?
    Features available on 3G to me ?
    What is the 3G Coverage area?
    Do i need to purchase a new number to use 3G? or Do i need to buy a new sim card ?

Thanks in advance...
    Empty Mind is a Worshop of Devil

Re: 3G Technology FAQs

What is 3g technology?
    3G is the next generation mobile technology offering higher speeds on both uplink (up to 5.7 Mbps) and downlink (up to 21 Mbps). It will enable a host of rich multimedia services such as video calling, video on demand, and provide a richer experience for existing services such as mobile internet, mobile TV and MMS.

3G networks operate on technology called High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSPA). Data is transmitted many times faster than on earlier 2G networks. This basically means that in addition to the earlier audio, graphics, and text, you can now send and receive video content too — provided you have a 3G-enabled handset or USB datacard and are in a 3G coverage area.

mikey Guest

Differenece between 3G broadband and wifi ?
    Wi-Fi is a technology used to connect mainly laptops and some mobile phone within small areas (typically a few hundred metres max). 3G has a much broader coverage and works also with a broader range of mobile devices. With a Mobile Broadband dongle, you will be connected to the internet everywhere there is Reliance 3G coverage

Features available on 3G to me ?
    You can do very fast data transfers, make video calls, get video and music streaming, watch live TV, check mail, send instant messages, and fulfill all your internet tasks.

What is the 3G Coverage area?
    If you have a 3G phone, you will see a small symbol on your phone. This symbol is usually a small '3G' sign on the upper left corner of your screen. Depending on the handset, it can also appear as '3.5G' or '3G+' if you are in areas with faster speed coverage.

Do i need to purchase a new number to use 3G? or Do i need to buy a new sim card ?
    No. 3G services can be provided on your current GSM number provided you have a 3G handset. No. You can enjoy 3G services with your current GSM SIM on a 3G handset.