Thread: Unable to activate idea gprs in iphone 3G

Unable to activate idea gprs in iphone 3G

Hi I am recently purchased an iPhone which is 3G enabled. And i already have an Idea network connection. Now the thing here is that i want to use the GPRS service and have an access on the internet. But some how i am not able to do it. I don't know what is wrong with the the connection. Please help me to solve this problem and also let me know if there is an issue between idea and iPhone which will help me to think for another network connection.

Re: Unable to activate idea gprs in iphone 3G

I don't think that there are any issues between idea and iPhone. You are getting this problem due wrong settings. It may have happen that the settings that entered by you are manual and you must have committed some mistakes. You can depend on the manually entered settings and i am sure that you are getting this problem due to it only. What happens that if the settings are wrong than you can connect the mobile phone to internet. So what you have to do in this case is that just contact the Idea customer care center and ask them for the settings. I am sure that they will provide you the proper settings which will resolve your problem permanently.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that the settings entered by you are wrong. So do one thing here are the proper settings for idea network connection for an iPhone:
    • Operator: – Idea
    • GPRS APN: – www.idea.pl
    • Username: – idea
    • Password: – idea
    • DNS: – 194.9.223.79, 194.204.159.1
    • Primary ip : 10.4.42.15
    • Primary port : 9201
    • Secondary ip = blank
    • port = blank

Just load this settings on your phone and see whether it works or not.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

If you are not getting the settings for the iPhone of Idea network than do one thing just connect the mobile phone that you are using with iTunes. Connecting the phone with iTunes will definitely help you because after connecting the mobile with the iTunes will automatically download the settings on the mobile phone. It will help you to configure the settings and then you can easily have an access on the internet with the help of GPRS.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

The first thing that comes in my mind that if you have an iPhone than why don't you go with the 3G service. The thing here is that if you have an 3G enabled phone than why don't you use it to its greater effect. there are also many other companies offering the 3G services. It is far more faster than the GPRS. The GPRS connection that you are trying to use is the basic version or we can say it as the basic stage you must go with 3G it will definitely help you to get faster internet access on you7r mobile phone. And the other important thing is that there are co compatibility issues related with your phone.

First of all thank you all of you for considering my problem and also for answering my queries. Now the thing here is that i am ready to change my network connection and want to use the latest 3G. But is it possible that i can use the same with my Idea card. And if not then suggest me two three best 3G network connection that will help me to have an access on the internet . also let me know these network connection as soon as possible. I hope changing the network it help will solve my problem.

Kindly provide your Idea cellular number for further assistance. You can also get in touch with our Customer care centre - details updated on Idea website. www.ideacellular.com.

Hi I have IDEA connection and iphone 3gs (jailbroken). Can you tell me how to connect the gprs on iphone. I did the setting told by idea customer care, please help me out. My Number is 9920510043

Quote Originally Posted by benetfernandes View Post
    Hi I have IDEA connection and iphone 3gs (jailbroken). Can you tell me how to connect the gprs on iphone. I did the setting told by idea customer care, please help me out. My Number is 9920510043
    You just need to set up the APN (Access Point) as 'internet' and usrname/pw both blank. The APN for Idea Mumbai is imis which has already been set. But it also needs setting up proxy server address which I am not sure how to do on iPhone. Try to input the below settings in your iphone:

Primary ip : 10.4.42.15
    Primary port : 9201
    Secondary ip = blank
    port = blank
    user = blank
    pass= blank
    APN GPRS = imis

can any one knows how to set up proxy server address on Iphone 3gs (jailbroken) ios 4.0? I need to add following setting for IDEA gprs
    Primary ip : 10.4.42.15
    Primary port : 9201
    Secondary ip = blank
    port = blank
    user = blank
    pass= blank
    APN GPRS = imis

Waiting for reply
    Thanks.

I hope you have got the static ip address and now after having got that you will be getting a log-in ID and password to access your proxy IP account.Now after having done that you need set-up your network settings
    First go to the preferences
    Then network, advanced, select proxies and then check SOCKS Proxy and now enter 127.0.0.1 in SOCKS Proxy Server and then the port number the ISP people that have provided you. Make sure that the network settings that you have done should be same as that in the terminal as well as the network settings, just try it and let me know if it works.

But where to do all this setting on iphone 3gs?

Here are some settings that can help you to activate gprs on Apple iPhone. For that you can manually setup Cellular Data Network. It is found under Settings > General > Network. Type bsnlnet for APN and leave the username and password blank. Once done check the browser. If this also does not work then you will need to contact bsnl customer care for this. There mioght be issue with configuration of internet connection with the device.

The settings which are mentioned above are the only way to configure internet connectivity on your device. If still this does not work then you can send a sms to bsnl to find automated settings. Those works most of the time. Ensure that your sims internet is activated as it is takes around 1 day to activate first time. So if you had done this recently wait for sometime to get the connection fully active.