Thread: BSNL Broadband Wifi Modem VMC AN1020-21 Configuration Problem

BSNL Broadband Wifi Modem VMC AN1020-21 Configuration Problem

Hi friends,

I am using a BSNL broadband connection with modem AN1020-21 which has a wifi router also. I am able to connect to both ethernet LAN and also wireless. Connection "Signal Strength" shows "Excellent", but no data flow happens. I cannot even open google home page. Same thing happens when I cannot my mobile to the modem.

I know that there are already some threads discussing about the Wifi configuration of AN1020-21 modem, but here i think i am seeing a differnet problem. I positively look for any help or solution to my problem ... thanks to all in advance..

Re: BSNL Broadband Wifi Modem VMC AN1020-21 Configuration Problem

Have you downloaded the manual for VMC AN1020-21
    USER GUIDE:
    http://downloads.vmcindia.com/vmcadsl/user_guide.rar
    FW:
    http://vmcindia.com/ADSL_Demo.html
    Customer Care Email: customercare@vmcindia.com
    Customer Care No:
    Ph: 040-44603222 Ext: 112
    Mob: 09885111326

hmmm yes, this setup was already done and my laptop gets the Wifi connection successfully. But the problem is even after the connection is established there is no data input/output through this connection. I mean i cannot browser through this connection... I will try calling the customer care personal and lets see any help comes thru ...thanks for the userguide links it will help me to restore the settings if i mess up something .. :-)

Yeah thats only the best and first solution, getting help from their own customer Care personal. Once they fixed the connection , than you or we can help on it. Let me know what they did to fix such problem, so that any other user facing the same problem will get some help.

ThumbsUp Re: BSNL Broadband Wifi Modem VMC AN1020-21 Configuration Problem

Hi everyone
    the solution is very simple

Go to http://192.168.1.1
    Default login details

U;- admin
    P:- admin
    Give appropriate pass if u have changed , Click on Configuration [left side of the window] then choose Wireless network, click on Mac Address filter [find this in the top of the page] in that " Select MAC Auth MAC Address" as disabled and then hit apply...... wifi works perfect.... As simple as that...!!!!

The connectivity issue lies with modem itself. If the antenna is weak or if the router is on outdated firmware. If you are facing issue with wifi connectivity it is required that you must check all the settings. There is a user manual of this BSNL Broadband Wifi Modem VMC AN1020-21 on net. I had found some image guide which shows how to configure wifi on this router. Second thing do not keep any security settings on when you are turning wifi on. This blocks or limits the connectivity.

It is due to security or encrypting the wifi network. Every router comes with those settings. Like WEP or WPA configuration which disallow anonymous connectivity. The best thing to do is first check the router encryption settings and turn them off. Then again try to reconnect. If possible try to add the connection under exception of Windows Firewall and then check back. This does not looks any kind of hardware fault.