Thread: How to increase Virgin Broadband speed

How to increase Virgin Broadband speed

I have got a Windows Vista with 10mb/s Virgin broadband connection. But from past 4-5 days the connection speed of the broadband is not that much good as it was previous. Before this I have done some broadband speed testing. But still I am not getting the right speed. While I am downloading some from net it still not giving that much speed. So I am not able to solve this problem. If anyone known how to increase the broadband speed then please helps me.

Re: How to increase Virgin Broadband speed

Here’s a simple steps that will increase your broadband speed. By default Windows reserves up to 20 percent of your connections bandwidth. To go through this problem take the following steps. But before you start make sure that you Log on as Administrator, and not as a user with Administrator privileges.
    1. Hold the Windows key and type R. It wills pop up the Run command. Then just enter " gpedit.msc " and press enter.
    2. After that you will see “Local Computer Policy”.
    3. Then just expand the “Administrative Templates” and expand the “Network”
    4. After this Just double-click on “Limit Reserve Bandwidth” and check the “Enabled”.
    5. Then just change “Bandwidth limit % to 0 %”
    6. Then click on “Apply” and press “OK” button after that.
    7. After does that just “Restart” the system.

Effect is immediate after that. I hope that is help you to fix your problem.

To increase the Broadband speed you just have to follow the following steps:
    1. Hold the Windows key and type R. It wills pop up the Run command. Then just enter " MSINFO32.EXE " and press enter. That will open the “System Information Tool”.
    2. Scroll down to the “System Summary”. Then just click on “Hardware Resource” and after that go to the IRQs.
    3. Then you just have seen the NIC listing that is made for your PC.

If you are using USB Broadband then you have to do following steps:
    1. Hold the Windows key and type R. It will get open the run command. Then just enter “DEVMGMT.MSC” and hit enter.
    2. Then you have to just scroll down to USB(Universal Serial Bus) controller and expand it.
    3. After that you have to just right-click on the USB Root Hub and select Properties.
    4. Then look for your “USB ADSL” modem in the Power Tab and assign IRQ from the Resource Tab.

I hope this information will help you to solve your problem.

I think this the most common problem in Virgin Broadband. They think that if they choose any particular speed then as per the plan every time they get same speed. But the actual distance from the exchange, congestion of thee network is the main reason behind why you are not able to get that much speed. If the speed is exceptionally slow then you might have to contact to your Internet service provider. Definitely they will solve your problem. And if possible please try to call their engineer to visits your place for quick and more assistance to solve your problem. And if you are using the same Package (that includes Router/Modem) from long time then it is probably outdated. So at same time ask your Service provider to replace it OR upgrade it. I hope this information will help you to solve your problem. Thank You.

Virgin Broadband Connection speed issue facing lots of people from last couple of days. To solve your issue please visits the following link. I am sure this information will help you to solve your problem.

Virgin Broadband is not connecting

Increase Your Internet Speed By Other Tricks

1: go to ur desktop
    2: right click on "My computer"
    3: den select "properties"
    4: den click on "HARDWARE" tab
    5: den click "Device manager"
    6: now u see a new window(Device manager window)
    7: look down now u can see "Ports(COM & LPT)" ...click on it
    8:den double click on "Communication Ports"
    9: after open u can see a "Communication Port properties"..
    10: now go the "Port Setting"
    11: and now change ur "Bits per second" to "128000".
    12: and "Flow control" change 2 "Hardware".