Thread: What are the Tata Docomo 3G Speed Test Results

What are the Tata Docomo 3G Speed Test Results

I am using a TATA docomo sim card in my mobile phone. I want to use tata docomo’s latest 3g mobile service for my mobile phone. Someone has told me that tata docomo providing upto 21 mbps speed on the mobile. Actually I don’t believe that we will get 21 mbps of speed. So someone has used this 3g service in their mobile phone so please tell what are the speed of tata docomo 3g network. Please help me

Re: What are the Tata Docomo 3G Speed Test Results

The service became online on 4th November. Service using Samsung Corby Pro in which is a 3G SIM well-matched mobile phone and the speeds were pretty good that is comes in around 1 to 1.5 Mbps or more. Please note this it was used the APN : TATA.DOCOMO.INTERNET. Balance will be subtracted on utilizing the APN as per your GPRS account balance or through main account.

After a great hype has been created concerning DoCoMo's 3G in precedent few weeks and today the day of official 3G release has arrive Tata DoCoMo's 3G signals are accessible in numerous parts of India seeing as 5-6 days however as of at the present we are checking their services in Pune (Maharashtra). Like I said, 3G signals are obtainable from 5-6 days however right to use was not decided until today. We are capable to choose DoCoMo 3G network in UMTS mode through 5th November, 8:00 AM.

I was getting downlink speed = 2.94 mbps and uplink speed = 1.17 mbps and ping 62 ms

The tariff are charged between Rupees 350 to Rupees 2,000.

Rupees 2000 for 30 days calling plan would contain 5000 minutes of voice calls (pay per second) 2GB of data transfer Rupees 2000 for 30 days data plan would contain 15GB of data transfer with the speeds of up to 21mbps data transfer subsequent to 15GB is free of charge at 256kbps.

Well well well... This looks neat - 5.7 MBPS on an iPad. It seems that this is a pic from someone's 3G speed test using a test Reliance connection. Can someone verify this?

What are the unlimited plans?Prepaid and postpaid and the speed in unlimited plans?

Quote Originally Posted by rajivkv View Post
    What are the unlimited plans?Prepaid and postpaid and the speed in unlimited plans?
    Unlimited plans simply mean that the download/upload ratio by services like Tata Docomo for internet surfing. This is normally based on by subscriptions charges. Below are some of its offers:
    • For Rs. 200 Top-up with 200MB usage at 21Mbps
    • For Rs. 500 Top-up with 650MB usage at 21Mbps
    • For Rs. 2000 Top-up for unlimited usage at 21Mbps till 15GB of download and then the speed drops to 256Kbps.

It's costly , isn't it?

What do you think Reliance ,Idea or Vodafone provide better?

Mostly after going with the tariffs all types of 3g internet service, I found that all are costly. They become most costly when you are using a timebased plan. The best is choose for a unlimited plan. In that the best one is MTS mode which gives you a unlimited net surfing at 999. That is really not bad enough to go for. The speed is also fine with no major issue. But as you are aware that mostly this usb modems never work stable.