Thread: BSNL & MTNL 3G GSM tariff plan

BSNL & MTNL 3G GSM tariff plan

I am currently using 2G simcard, but as the 3g services have been started, so i am now looking to purchase a 3s simcard. I am having two options in my mind i.e. BSNL 3G GSM service and MTNL 3G GSM service. I am having one problem that; i do not know the tariff plans of both the service providers for the 3g services. Is there anyone who is using any of this service? If you have even little knowledge about the tariff plan then try to post it here, so that i can refer it and make the proper decision. Please try to help me out. Thanks.

Re: BSNL & MTNL 3G GSM tariff plan

I am using BSNL 3G simcard, so i am providing you the information related to its tariff plans. If you will recharge for Rs 249, then you will be able to use 0.5 GB and will get validity of 1 month. If you extend you usage beyond 0.5GB, then they will charge you Rs 1 for 1 MB. If you will recharge with Rs 399, then you will be able to use 1GB and will get validity of 1 month. You will be charged Rs 0.50 for 1MB, if you extend you usage beyond 1GB. This is the information what i have with me. Hope have helped you.

I am having information related with BSNL 3G service. If you will recharge for Rs 2499, then you will get unlimited usage for a period of 1 month. If you are looking for a unlimited usage plan in night, then you will have to recharge for RS 1999. There are also various plans such as-
    • With recharge of Rs 109 you will get 100 MB.
    • With recharge of Rs 225 you will get 300 MB.
    • With recharge of Rs 260 you will get 500 MB.
    • With recharge of Rs 325 you will get 1 GB.

I think this will help you out.

The tariff plan for MTNL 3G is as follows.
    1. Recharge of Rs 99 - 50 MB data usage and it will be valid for 15 days.
    2. Recharge of Rs 250 - 200 MB data usage and it will be valid for 1 months + 25 min local video calling.
    3. Recharge of Rs 450 - 500 MB data usage and it will be valid for 1 month + 50 min local video calling.
    4. Recharge of Rs 750 - 1 GB data usage and it will be valid for 1 month + 75 min local video calling.
    5. Recharge of Rs 2500 - Unlimited data usage and it will be valid for 1 month + 150 min local video calling.

Thanks to all for the reply. I have referred all the posts and i found each one of them as helpfully and informative. On the basic of the information which you have provide here, now i have decide to purchase a BSNL 3G simcard for my usage. Finally i would once again like to give my thanks to all for your kind support.

I am currently using MTNL 2G service and looking for some information on the call rates of MTNL 3G simcard, as i want to purchase a new simcard. Does anyone have any information related with this topic? Please try to provide me the help on this as early as possible. Thanks.
    Last edited by Cayote; 10-11-2010 at 04:59 PM.

I am providing you the call rates of BSNL 3g service. The call rates are as follows-
    Local video calling to own network – Rs 1.80 per min
    Local video calling to other network – Rs 3.00 per min
    STD video calling to any network – Rs 3.75 per min
    ISD video calling – Rs 30.00 per min
    I think i have provided you the required help.

Currently i have shifted myself to Chennai. I am looking to buy a 3g simcard from the mtnl group. As i am new to this city i do not know the calling rates of the card. Is there anyone who is having bit idea related with this topic. Please try to help me. Your help will be appreciated. Thanks.