Thread: Is it possible to use BSNL 3G in Idea net setter?

Is it possible to use BSNL 3G in Idea net setter?

I am having the Idea net setter with the Idea 3G network connection. I am using the same thing from last few months and it has served me well but still i am not satisfied with the services provided by it to me. So i have decided to take the BSNL 3G connection. The thing here is that i am already having the usb modem of net setter so is it possible for me to use the it with the BSNL 3G. does anyone using the same in this way if yes than how to use it. Do i have to made some changes in settings. Please help me in this case.

Re: Is it possible to use BSNL 3g in Idea net setter?

I don't think that it is possible to use the BSNL 3G service with the Idea net setter. The thin here is that Idea net setter is designed for idea network and it is altogether a different product. And if you will try and use the BSNL 3G which has no connection with the Idea it is impossible to work them together. So don not try and use them together. Use the Idea 3g only for surfing it is the best. I hope that it will resolve your problem.

Re: Is it possible to use BSNL 3g in Idea net setter?

The Idea net setter is the USB modem specially built for the Idea network and i am sure that it will not work in favor of you. Now what you have to do here is that just try and use any other modem that will help you to get rid of this issue. there are many modem available in the market that will go with the BSNL 3G. I hope that changing the modem will definitely solve your problem. And will not give you any network related problems.
    I'm the Proud Owner of the most dangerous weapon
    known to man kind: Human Brain

re: Is it possible to use BSNL 3G in Idea net setter?

I have gone through your problem and it seems to me that if you are willing to take an BSNL 3G connection than don't worry you will also get the USB modem for the same if you will demand for it. The only thing that i would like to say here is that BSNL aslo provides the USB modem but you have to pay it differently. I hope that this modem will definitely help you to resolve your problem. And will not give you any compatibility issues.

jomon_johnson Guest

smile re: Is it possible to use BSNL 3G in Idea net setter?

Yes for sure u can do it. Hope ur netsetter is " huawei e1550 ".
    For connecting 3g Bsnl in netsetter first u have to unnlock the netsetter so tht it will acccecpt every sim. After ulocking, just giving the apn=' bsnlnet', u can access it without any trouble.I am using it.

Thanks n Regards

Re: Is it possible to use BSNL 3G in Idea net setter?

Quote Originally Posted by Taizin View Post
    I am having the Idea net setter with the Idea 3G network connection. I am using the same thing from last few months and it has served me well but still i am not satisfied with the services provided by it to me. So i have decided to take the BSNL 3G connection. The thing here is that i am already having the usb modem of net setter so is it possible for me to use the it with the BSNL 3G. does anyone using the same in this way if yes than how to use it. Do i have to made some changes in settings. Please help me in this case.

Dear Sir,

Kindly provide your cellular number for further assistance. You can also get in touch with our Customer care centre - details updated on Idea website. www.ideacellular.com.

Regards,
    Idea Cellular