Thread: Have I got original Airtel iPhone 3G?

Have I got original Airtel iPhone 3G?

I have bought a new iPhone 3G yesterday and I saw that this phone was having some Airtel Store pics and SMSs which was of August and Sept. There were some bookmarks and contact numbers too. I mean to say this phone was used earlier to be bought by me. Then checked the BOX where it was written that "Demo copy: Not for Resale". So I would like to ask you guys that is this phone is an original one or not.

Re: Have I got original Airtel iPhone 3G?

I guess you have got an iPhone which was sent by an Apple to an Airtel just for checking purpose which seems to be a Demo Phone. Though there would be nothing wrong with your phone but since it was a demo phone, It is but obvious that Airtel guys have tried using that phone in order to check its functionality. If there would have been any mistake in the phone then it won't have sold to you.

I think Airtel Store people must have got the permission from their head office to sold out the demo iPhones which are actually was for using inside the store only for checking the airtel network on it. I think you should keep on using the same phone until you find something wrong with it. As if there would be anything wrong with your phone then you must claim it onto Airtel they have sold you the Demo Phone which has problems. You must get a new phone in replacement with yours.

If suppose there you found anything faulty with your phone and you have taken your iPhone to an Airtel Store they refuses to replace your phone. Then too you don't have to worry as they have done a illegal thing which can be punishable for them if you want. You can complain about the same in the Consumer Court that you have been fooled by an Airtel people as they have sold you Demo Phone. Though I suggest you to mention them all the legal steps that you would be taking against them if they refuses to replace your phone. I think after this they won't be refusing for the same.