Thread: Will Airtel & Vodafone launch 3G in Kerala

Will Airtel & Vodafone launch 3G in Kerala

I have have heard that the Vodafone and Airtel did not got chance to provide their 3G services in the Kerala. Actually I am an Airtel user who wants to use a 3G service on my phone and recently I have heard a rumors that somehow and Airtel or Vodafone are going to launch a 3G facility for Kerala as well. Is it true?

Re: Will Airtel & Vodafone launch 3G in Kerala

I have gone through the chart of the India’s 3G spectrum auction and have noticed that an Airtel or Vodafone has no 3G spectrums in Kerala circles. So it is clear that vodafone and airtel won't be able to provide any of their 3G services in the Kerala state. I think you must have to use either use an Idea or Aircel or Tata to use the 3G network on your phone. I suggest you to buy a new SIM card of an Aircel, Tata or an Idea which are only three networks who are allowed to provide 3G services in Kerala State.

I have seen it on one website named as Keralalone or something like which was having some news that airtel is going to launch its 3G network in Kerala soon even though it was not possible for airtel to get the kerala circle in an auctions. But the funny thing is that the website where I saw such news does not contain the same page now. So I am not able to understand that does airtel really gonna provide its 3G in Kerala or not. But as there are some rumors about it then I guess Airtel or may be even Vodafone must be finding someway to launch it in Kerala soon.

According to me, Sim Cards are very much cheap to buy in India now so I would be recommending you not to wait for the rumors to become reality instead you should directly buy a SIM Card of those Brands which are already providing 3G services in Kerala ie. Tata, Idea and Aircel. Moreover you can demand for the number which would be almost similar to the one which you are using currently. So it would be better to publish new number to your contacts for using the 3G feature of new SIM card.

There is one more way by which brands like Airtel or Vodafone and other can provide their 3G network who haven’t got circles in the Kerala to provide the same. They might tie up with the network providers which have got circles in the kerala such as Tata or Idea or Aircel. But an only difference would be tariffs. They have to charge a bit more then original networks as they have to pay for using the 3G service of other networks. Its kind of sharing roaming services.