Thread: Unlimited FREE Video Calls on MTNL 3G Mobile Diwali Offer

Unlimited FREE Video Calls on MTNL 3G Mobile Diwali Offer

Hello friends I am an MTNL users and recently I have heard that Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL), has come up with a new offer for all its customers during this diwali season. The offer is that all Dolphin and Trump mobile service users can make Unlimited FREE Video calls from their mobile phones. If it is true than this is certainly a good news for all the MTNL users residing in Mumbai. But the problem is that I dont have 3G service activated on my mobile. So please can any one help me to activate this, I am very eager to do video calling.

Re: Unlimited FREE Video Calls on MTNL 3G Mobile Diwali Offer

Yes it is true that MTNL is offering free video call services during this diwali and you can make use of 3g services to do free video calling with your family,friends and any one. You can easily activate the 3G services on your mobile provided that you have a 3g enabled handsets.
    Here is what you can do to activate 3G service on your mobile.
    • For Prepaid users: SMS `ACT 3G` to 444
    • For Postpaid users: Dial 1503

So hurry on quickly activate this service and make full use of the free video calling any where in India. Also , dont forget that this service is of limited period.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

I am also a MTNL user located in Mumbai, I just got to know from a friend of mine that this diwali, MTNL is offering free video call services for all its customers. Although I dont have a 3G enabled mobile nor 3G connection, I just want to know for how long is this scheme available for its customers. If it is for long time period than I would definitely go to the shop and buy the 3G enabled phone along with the 3G connection on it. I really want to enjoy this free service as I have heard that the rates for the video calling on 3G are very high, so it would be greatfull to enjoy this service during this period.

What I have heard is that the free 3G video services will continue till the end of this month. This offer is available for both the prepaid as well as postpaid customers. So now MTNL’s all New and Existing GSM Mobile service users can enjoy the Unlimited FREE Video calls and high speed Mobile internet at lowest charges for a period of a month. So all the MTNL users are kindly requested to go on and dont waste time and do as much video calling as they want during this period. Make sure you have 3g enabled mobile with you along with the 3G connection on it to allow video calling.

Hello friends, its a really good news for all the MTNL users in Mumbai. They can make full use of this offer in the free usage period. My question is that I am an Airtel network user and I would want to know that whether Airtel is providing any kind of free services like MTNL, for its users. I would be extremely happy if Airtel also come up with this kind of scheme for all its customers. I also know that MTNLs free video calling offer is just for a month. But if it is certain that Airtel is not coming up with any kind of free video calling plan, then I will be looking to switch my network from Airtel to Dolphin, during the period which it will be providing free usage.

Hello my friend, I can understand your curiosity as even I am also looking for some free video calling packages on my network. I am using vodafone network and also was keen to know that whether vodafone is providing any free video calling packages. But after searching the web for the desired information, i got to know that the free packages are only available for MTNL services in Mumbai. As the other operators have still not launched their 3G services still and it is come to my notice that they will come up with by the end of next month or early nest year, so we as the users of the other network will have to wait for a while to make use of this 3G service for video calling on their mobile phone.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!

Hey this is really very irritating for me, I have a MTNL connection that has a 3G service activated on it, I also have a 3G enabled mobile with me. The problem is that when I do some video calling I am always being charged for that. I dont understand that despite that MTNL is providing the free video calling services, why that I am being charged for that. Is that there is something wrong with my mobile phone or 3G connection. I have even called the customer care executive and they told me that the 3G is perfectly activated on your mobile. Or that inorder to make use of the free video calling service I have to do some setting on my mobile or I have to send something from my mobile to activate the free video calling services.

According to me you dont have to make any changes in your 3G enabled mobile having 3G connection in it, if you are using the 3G connection for quite some tie now. If the customer upgrades to 3G during the offer period he can avail this facility by sending “FREE 3G” to 444. So if are a first time user than you have send this message from your mobile inorder to make full use of the free video calling package. Once the offer period expires, the customer will be charged with the regular rates as been decided by the company. So its better to keep a check on the expiry date in order to avoid additional charges for video calling.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

In Mumbai MTNL is the only operator that is providing the 3G service to its customers, other network are still to decide on the 3 G services and are presently stick with providing 2G they include Bharti Airtel, Reliance Communications, Vodafone-Essar, Idea Cellular, Tata Indicom, Loop Mobile (BPL Mobile), Aircel and TATA DoCoMo. For these mobile service providers, 3G spectrum is still a long way off. So luckily all those are currently using MTNL network can avail these free video calling services. Other still have to wait for some time although the exact date is not finalized when will other operators will come up with this services.
    No TechArena No Experts, Know TA know Experts!